BirdieSync3.2.5.0 & Thunderbird 91 not connecting

If BirdieSync 3.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's photo with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
mikeduncan177

BirdieSync3.2.5.0 & Thunderbird 91 not connecting

Post by mikeduncan177 »

I have just send a Trouble Report to Birdie because I cannot get BirdieSync and Thunderbird ON THE SAME PC to connect.
My attempts to resolve this issue have been unsuccessful.
Regards, Mike
Michael Duncan

mikeduncan177

Re: BirdieSync3.2.5.0 & Thunderbird 91 not connecting

Post by mikeduncan177 »

Today I was able to resolve this issue.

I have been upgrading my installation of Thunderbird over several years. When they came out with the 64-bit version, it got installed on my Windows PC in the Program Files (x86) folder. That seems a little odd, and I found it while troubleshooting this problem.

I didn't want to uninstall the existing instance of Thunderbird, in case it messed with the configuration, so I ran the Thunderbird 91 setup and directed it to place the code in the Program Files folder.

When I started the instance in Program Files, BirdieSync showed an immediate "Single Source connected" status. Synchronization went correctly when I connected my iPhone, so the problem is solved.

I uninstalled the other version of Thunderbird with no ill effects.
Regards, Mike
Michael Duncan

Micha

Post by Micha »

Hello everybody,

I still have the same problem with Thunderbird 91.0.3 and BirdieSync 3.2.5.0.
"No source is connected" in BirdieSync. When I connect a smartphone it instantly appear as it should. But Thunderbird doesn't connect.

I have tried to overinstall the current BirdieSync version. No success. Then I've uninstalled the BirdieSync addon in Thunderbird and tried to reinstall BirdieSync. But now the addon installation in Thunderbird doesn't start. So right now, I have no idea how I get the BirdieSync-addon in Thunderbird running.
Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!

BirdieSync is a great software - I'm using it for years now.
Only new Thunderbird branches are always a pain in the butt. :-(

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Micha,

There was a change regarding the way Thunderbird 91.0.2 referenced its main toolbar which prevented the installation and starting of BirdieSync add-on. Could you please update to BirdieSync 3.2.5.1 which should fix the problem ?

If BirdieSync add-on still don't appear after the new installation, please uninstall BirdieSync (do keep BirdieSync user data).
Then start Thunderbird (this step is important in order to clean a previous installation of BirdieSync add-on in Thunderbird).
Then try to reinstall BirdieSync.

Thanks.
Birdy

Micha

Post by Micha »

Hi Birdi,

thanks for your quick response! The updated version of BirdieSync 3.2.5.1 solved both problems. After updating, the BirdieSync add-on appeared in Thunderbird's add-on list again and Thunderbird automatically connected to the BirdieSync installation.

Thank you very much for this nice software!
Micha