Problem with T/B V2

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
pewe

Problem with T/B V2

Post by pewe »

I installed Birdiesync V1.5.1.2 in TB V1.5 and it all worked OK.

I then upgraded to T/B v2 and it reports that Birdiesync V1.5.1.2 is not compatible with TB.

I tried re-installing it and it installs again with no error messages, but still reports it is incompatible.

I am puzzled because others appear to have installed it OK.

Any suggestions??

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello pewe,

Which version did you install ? 1.5.1.2 or 1.5.2.0 ? Only the last one is compatible with Thunderbird 2.0.
Birdy

pewe

Post by pewe »

It seems it was a glitch in Vista.
For some reason when I installed V1.5.2 (not V1.5.1.2 as I said in my previous post), for some reason TB still had V1.5.1.2. I deleted it and re-installed and it is OK now.

However it still has the original problem of WMDC not launching TB and Birdiesync when it WMDC autosyncs, - and when I change anything in the addressbook or calendar they do not automatically sync and I have to sync manually.

Do you think you will be able to resolve this problem?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Maybe there was a cache problem with the extensions manager in Thunderbird.

Presently, no particular changes have been made yet to deal with the synchronization frequency on Vista. It means that the WMDC, although it appears to regularly synchronize after the first synchronization, actually doesn't do anything (at least it never interacts with BirdieSync...).

For the moment, no real time synchronization is implemented in BirdieSync when a card, event, etc. is modified in Thunderbird/Sunbird. So it is possible to implement this feature but it should take some time to be developped. For the moment, it is still necessary to manually launch the synchronization.
Last edited by Birdy on Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Birdy

pewe

Post by pewe »

Thanks Birdy.

I have got into the habit of manually syncing when I change anything anyway - so not a problem, although it will be nice at some point to have it done automatically - just for those occassions when I forget :lol: