PC very fast slow down during sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Poski

PC very fast slow down during sync

Post by Poski »

Is it normal, that when I connect my HTC TyTN, PC speed is "zero" and it´s almost immposible to do anything else. It takes one minute to switch two windows.

And second thing, why it is sync in every couple minutes? Is it possible to snyc it only when something was changed?

Thank you.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Poski,

Well I don't think it is normal... What is your configuration (processor and memory) ?
Is it all the computer which slows down or only Thunderbird ?
Which item category do you synchronize (card, mails, ...) ?
Is it slow only when synchronizing a lot of elements ?

If you are under XP and uses a mobile with Windows Mobile 5.0, you can modify the synchronization frequency in Tools/BirdieSync options/Synchronization/Synchronization frequency.
Birdy

Poski

Post by Poski »

Birdy wrote:Hello Poski,

Well I don't think it is normal... What is your configuration (processor and memory) ?
Is it all the computer which slows down or only Thunderbird ?
Which item category do you synchronize (card, mails, ...) ?
Is it slow only when synchronizing a lot of elements ?

If you are under XP and uses a mobile with Windows Mobile 5.0, you can modify the synchronization frequency in Tools/BirdieSync options/Synchronization/Synchronization frequency.
I have Celeron M 1.5 GHz, 512 RAM. I think that it´s enough.
When I connect my MDA, all computer slows down. When I disconnect it, after aproximatelly 30 seconds, computer runs normaly.

I synchronizing cards, events, tasks, mails and files. When i took off emails, everything is same.

Thank you for help.

Poski

Post by Poski »

One more thing. It always synchronize twice. I mean, that it strats synchronization ... going to end of synchronization and after that it doing synchronization again.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Is it possible to look in the task manager to see which process uses all the CPU ?
Is the disk running during all the process (led on) ?
What is your memory consumption in the task manager ?

What happens if you select nothing in ActiveSync options (no cards, events,...) ?
And if you only select cards ?

Thanks
Birdy

Poski

Post by Poski »

Birdy wrote:Is it possible to look in the task manager to see which process uses all the CPU ?
Is the disk running during all the process (led on) ?
What is your memory consumption in the task manager ?

What happens if you select nothing in ActiveSync options (no cards, events,...) ?
And if you only select cards ?

Thanks
I sent you to email screens of how is used CPU. It is almost 100% during sync. HDD is running during sync.

Whole sync takes almost 10 minutes!

When I select nothing, it takes 1 second and its done. CPU is 100%.

When I select only cards, it takes about 5 seconds, CPU is shortly 40-50%.

When I select cards, files, tasks and events, it takes about 90 seconds, last 20 seconds CPU is 100%.

Always sync going twice.

Thank you.