Logs to send in the event of a crash

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
Juggler

Logs to send in the event of a crash

Post by Juggler »

I'm still experimenting with BirdieSync to find its limits and have found some which I thing might warrant me sending in the crash reports. Because I am now using this product to sync sensitive data, I wondered what is contained in the reports - I know from previous conversations the folder name is included, but content of messages or subject lines?

People who communicate with me would probably not want me passing some of their information on this way... :)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Juggler,

When there is a problem with a particular item, it is possible that this one would be dumped to try to identify the characteristics that caused a problem. But I don't think that mail attachments are logged, and mail body is encoded and not readable. Is it a problem for you to have this information dumped on your computer or is it only sending them to me ?

In the latter case, a strict privacy policy is respected (described in help file). But you still have the possibility to edit the logs before sending them to support for analyzis.

Do you need something special regarding sensitive data ?
Birdy

Juggler

Post by Juggler »

No, I don't need anything special, I just wanted to know I'm not sending it out. Obviously I know you need certain info, but some thing I just can't share with anyone. It's not a problem because I can always recreate any crash using mail folders that don't contain any sensitive data, but I just thought I'd ask for general info as I can't be the only person who is constrained in such a way...

Thanks for the answer. :)

]\/[.