attendees within outlook

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
evelyne

attendees within outlook

Post by evelyne »

hi all,

at work I use outlook, at home lighting.
I sync with my mobile phone at both places using active sync 4.5 and birdiesync.

When I invite attendees within outlook, they will also get synced with my mobile phone. Connecting at home with birdiesync/ lightning removes the attendees from the appointment. Syncing again at work makes them dissapear forever. Irritating, because I need to know if people accept the appointment or not. Is there anything to do about this, withing going back to outlook at home?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Sorry, for the moment, I don't think there is much you can do about it. A next version of BirdieSync should provide synchronization of attendees.
Birdy

evelyne

solution

Post by evelyne »

I did find a solution: not sync the appointments from work with lightning. I thought to get it working by setting birdiesync not to sync appointments which don't belong to one of my calendars at home (categories). But now everything is a big mess. I do have lots of appointments twice, or even three times and others do disappear. How can I get this working right?

I want to sync appointments between work & mobile.
At home I only need appointments within certain categories.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I will do some tests to try to re-create your situation and see if I can reproduce your problem. I'll keep you informed.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I made some tests with two computers and synchronized with Lightning without meeting problems.
Did you get duplicates after the creation of a new partnership (choosing combine) or after, simply by creating new events ?
Would you have a precise example that I could reproduce ?

Note that if you choose the "link name to category" and "exclude category..." you must be careful to set a category if you create an appointment on the mobile. Because if you don't do it, the appointment will be synchronized with both computers in their default calendar (because the appointment has no category). But if you modify this event on the first computer, the appointment on the mobile will then get a category linked to the default calendar of the first computer. If this category is not synchronized on the second computer, this event will be deleted on this desktop and will "disappear".
Birdy

evelyne

Post by evelyne »

I tried to find the msising appointments. Found one of them. The appointment that disappear was made with outlook. I was invited at the appointment, didn't create it by myself, just accepted the invitation. Therefore the appointment didn't have a category.

You said that appointments without a category would be synced with default calendar. I thought so, therefore I told birdiesync not to sync default calendar. I thought that was the right way to go, because I didn't have to mess with the appointments from work that way.

For me the solution is to sync tasks and calendar with outlook and mail and contact with thunderbird. Wasn't that happy with the task editor in lightning also, so this is the best way to go. My calendar is to important for me to test with. I'll wait for a better lightning version someday.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The synchronization of attendees is now supported in version 1.5.3.0. Please read the help file to know more about it.
Birdy