Activesync crashes after selecting sync items

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
mobile_mirror

Activesync crashes after selecting sync items

Post by mobile_mirror »

I just upgraded to Thunderbird 2 (2.0.0.0) + Lightning (0.3.1) and installed the current BirdieSync (1.5.4.0)

I'm running WinXP SP2 with all current updates and Activesync 4.5. I successfully install BS and open up AS to check off what I want to sync. After I click OK, AS locks up and crashes.

The only error I get is from the AS service (wcescomm.exe). I'm running WM6 on my Cingy 8525, not sure if that is causing the lockup.

^_^_^

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Which process is crashing ? wcescomm.exe or wcesmgr.exe ?
No tests were done with WM6 but some users reported that it worked successfully...

Could you try to only select cards synchronization or try to isolate the item category that could make ActiveSync crash ?

Note that you don't have to press "Settings" button in ActiveSync options for each category (settings are only available in BirdieSync options).

Maybe I will find usefull information in logs. Could you send them to me as described in this thread right after the crash ? http://birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100
Thanks.
Birdy

mobile_mirror

Post by mobile_mirror »

I have sent the logs to the support address. I'm now unable to select anything to sync, not sure why the check boxes are no longer available.

The error I'm getting is from the wcesmgr.exe

Faulting application wcesmgr.exe, version 4.5.5096.0, faulting module wcesmgr.exe, version 4.5.5096.0, fault address 0x0002ea3d.

^_^_^

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

After analyzis, it appeared that BirdieSync was not properly installed on the mobile. Reinstalling it on the mobile solved the problem.
Birdy