Mail sync

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Mick

Subfolders ?

Post by Mick »

Hi Birdy !

You've done a great job - congratulations.

What's about synchronization of subfolders within Thunderbird ?

I've got the following folder structure:

MySendObjects
L Private
L Business
L Various

The Folder 'MySendObjects' will apear within the Mobile Outlook, but no subfolders.

Mick

Deleting Mails on Mobile should NOT delete Mails on Desktop

Post by Mick »

To free some memory on my mobile I've deleted some Mails on that device, but I've recognised, that the Mails on my Desktop was also deleted.
There should be an option to keep the the Mails on the Desktop by default, because I just want to have the latest E-Mails (from about 2,4 GB) on my Mobile.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It should be possible to do it with the "limit to synchronize past mails" option (BirdieSync options/Mail/Miscellaneous). For instance, you can keep only the mails that are one month old on the mobile. They should be kept on the desktop though. Does this option answer to your request ?

Regarding the sub-folders, I think it will be provided in a next version.
Birdy

Mick

Post by Mick »

This "limit to synchronize past mails" option will not regard is matter. The synchronization should only work in that direction, that I told ActiveSync - in my case Desktop -> Mobile ("replace items on mobile"). Deleting items on the Mobile should NOT delete the items on the Desktop.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If I understand well, you would like that once the mails are synchronized from the desktop to the mobile, you could delete some mails on the mobile without deleting them on the desktop.

The problem is that if you delete a mail on the mobile, ActiveSync usual behavior is to synchronize this deletion and so to delete the corresponding mail on the desktop. In the same way, if a mail is found as not existing on the device, it is automatically synchronized from the desktop to the mobile.
So I am not sure that your request would be easy to implement because it doesn't really follow the usual synchronization process of ActiveSync...
Birdy

gerl

Re: Subfolders ?

Post by gerl »

Mick wrote: What's about synchronization of subfolders within Thunderbird ?
+1, I hope for this.

by the way, a character lack in french text : "thuderbird" in place of "thunderbird"

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thanks for the remark ! It's fixed.
If only eveything was so easy to fix... :wink:
Birdy

Heavenwalker

Post by Heavenwalker »

Great there´s a new Version of Birdiesync. So I see it´s going on, and Birdie didn´t stop. :D

But in the new Version is also no Sybfolder Mail Sync possible, or did I read over this?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes, sub folders synchronization is not yet available. You'll have to wait a little bit... :)
Birdy

Heavenwalker

Post by Heavenwalker »

Much time passed and I find nothing about the Sub Folder synchronization.
Is their any good news,...

What do you mean as long it goes till this function is available? :(

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Sorry, I know it takes some time. But mail sub-folder synchronization and mail multi-account synchronization will be next BirdieSync important feature...
Birdy

Teutobod

Post by Teutobod »

Hi guys,

i'm actually testing Birdie und recognize that syncronization of subfolders didn't works yet.

I read that this is a planned feature. Could you give an estimation whe it will be available?

Btw. i need to syncronize more the one level of subfolders (~3 levels). Will this be possible if feature is ready for work?

At the end: Congratulation for this great piece of software. I'll purchase it after i have tested it heaviliy ;)

Greeting from Germany
Teutobod

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 1.6.0.0 is released. :D
It offers synchronization of mail accounts with their own folder tree (independent from "Local Folders"), IMAP accounts, sub-folders and Ouboxes.
Before installing this new version, please do backup your Thunderbird profile directory !
Birdy

Teutobod

Post by Teutobod »

Hi Birdy,

since my last post I purchased BirdieSync and I'm very happy with this decision.

Now I will have a look at your new version and hope this will fit my needs.

Will it be possible to make BirdieSync more configurable, e.g. different options for different calendars (Lightning) an categories (PocketOutlook). For especially it would be great to configure "Master" (PC or Pocket Device) depending on category/calendar. As well it would be nice to deaktivate notification for a specific category/calendar when synchronized from Pocket Device to PC (I don't need my business notifications on my private PC, but need the calender entrys for time recording issues on private PC).

I hope I'm not alone with this requirements ;)

At the end and one more time: GOOD WORK Birdy :!:

Teutobod