Lightning won't sync at all

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Neustaedter

Lightning won't sync at all

Post by Neustaedter »

I setup the time-zone correctly, but unfortunately the calendar on the mobile device and the Thunderbird-calendar don't want to sync at all in either direction. Contacts work fine though.
I also tried removing the extensions related to calendar, but that also didn't help...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Which kind of errors do you have in ActiveSync window ?
Do you use Lightning or Sunbird ?
Did you see an alert window at the end of the synchronization ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Neustaedter

Post by Neustaedter »

Hi,
I am using Lightning in version 0.3.1. Active-Sync does not show any errors and also no popup after the synchronization. It behaves like everything went fine, but actually nothing synchronized.
Today I will reset my PDA to default and try it again...

Neustaedter

Post by Neustaedter »

well, after hard-reset my pda (Fujitsu-Siemens T830) I found out there is no sync at all. When checking the Active-Sync-Log on my temp-folder I found following entries:

06/08/2007 15:38:19.890 WARNING: Object type 'BirdieSyncContact' is not installed on the device
06/08/2007 15:38:19.890 WARNING: Object type 'BirdieSyncAppointment' is not installed on the device
06/08/2007 15:38:19.890 WARNING: Object type 'BirdieSyncMail' is not installed on the device
06/08/2007 15:38:19.890 WARNING: Object type 'BirdieSyncTask' is not installed on the device

I thought that's supposed to be installed together with the installer, or going to build-in programs directly?

Neustaedter

Post by Neustaedter »

works now - I disconnected the pda again, deleted the partnership on the desktop. Connected the pda again and opened a new partnership. After that the sync went just fine...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

These traces indicates that BirdieSync was not installed on the mobile. Normally the installer should automatically install it....

In next version, BirdieSync checks that the mobile is installed and raises an alert in case of error.
Birdy

slider-2k

No sync with Lightning *or* Sunbird (but contacts sync ok)

Post by slider-2k »

I experienced same problems as Neustaedter - contacts sync, but calendar won't. Tried Lightning, uninstalled it and tried Sunbird, same result.

Tried Neustaedter's solution (delete/re-establish device partnership), still no calendar sync.

Am getting no error mesages - everything seems to be working fine, but calendar data isn't making it to the device. (I do have data in the calendar - made several bogus entries for test purposes.)

Here is hw/sw config I am using:
ATT Blackjack WM5
Thunderbird v 2.0.0.4
Lightning/Sunbird v 0.3.1 (installed/tested/uninstalled independent of the other)

What can do to help troubleshoot this? Screen shots, log files , whatever - just let me know and I'll get it to you.

Would love to get this working. Am trying to get this combo to work on current laptop/pda combo, then get it working on a USB flash device. If that works, can then conceivably switch over entirely to Open Office, and be able to (seamlessly?) transition between the two environments if/when needed (e.g. travel, backup, disaster recovery, etc.)

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello slider-2k,

I will need some log files to investigate your problem.
Could you send them to me as described in this thread ? http://birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100

Regarding your last question, could you develop it a little bit ? I would like to be sure to understant what you exactly need and how you would do the synchronization in the two environments ?

Thanks.
Birdy