Lightning Events Sync Hang-Up

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
michiganbirder

Lightning Events Sync Hang-Up

Post by michiganbirder »

Hey, Birdy:

The Events sync hangs up without finishing. It indicates a number of events that it has to sync, but then stops (keeps trying to sync, but hangs up, showing sync in process, without finishing) when it gets within two or three events of the end of the list of 28 unsynched events. Here is the log:

Local 13/06/2007 09:43:30::0281 BirdieSync: version 1.5.4.3
Local 13/06/2007 09:43:30::0359 Operating system: id 2, version 5.1, SP 2.0
Local 13/06/2007 09:43:55::0046 ERROR: Bad result returned by GetObjectRequest, id = uuid1169096398125 (GetLastError = 0)

MichiganBirder

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Did you have this problem with a local calendar or a remote one (if this is the case, of which type) ?
Birdy

michiganbirder

Post by michiganbirder »

I am using Thunderbird with my own, local lightning install. I imported Outlook contacts, calendar, and tasks several weeks ago. Initially everything worked well except for about 28 unresolvable "events" every time I would sync. But starting today the sync would hang up (keep going without finishing) around unresolvable event number 26. I have assumed the unresolvable event items are recurring items, but I have no idea why one would suddenly not let me finishing with the sync. I don't mind a few unresolvable items if the sync would finish, although maybe the same problem is at work.

Thanks for your quick reply, Birdy.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

When you say that you imported your items from Outlook, do you mean that you imported them from Outlook directly in Lightning (without using the synchronization) ? Because sometimes, the result is a little bit strange regarding the definition of the events and could then results in unresolved items on the mobile. The best way to import events is to synchronize your mobile with Outlook. Delete the partnership, then "Combine" your events with Lightning.

Regarding your hanging problem, some changes are being made regarding the management of event synchronization. I will send you a new version to see if it changes something.

If you want me to check out your unresolved items, send me the logs as described in this thread.

Thanks.
Birdy

michiganbirder

Post by michiganbirder »

Birdy, I imported the Outlook items into Thunderbird, then used BirdieSync to sync the Lightning calendar (Events) with the PDA. As I mentioned, the "contacts" (cards) and tasks sync fine, as do most events. I have not been able to figure out which events are causing the hang-up. Let's try your new version to see if that does the trick. Or maybe you can tell me which kinds of events tend to cause the problem and I can delete and then re-enter those events in Lightning before I re-sync (e.g., Are they likely to be recurring items?). I will check out the logs to see if they are different from what I had already posted, but I did earlier post the logs per your threat link, below. Thanks again for your help.

MichiganBirder