Recurring Appointments not syncing

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
gregtoland

Recurring Appointments not syncing

Post by gregtoland »

When I sync my IPAQ 2200 teh recurring appointments do not seem to sync in every instance. I cannot see a pattern to the ones that do versus the ones that do not sync.

My recurring appointments do not overlap but they are adjacent to other appointments

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Do you synchronize a local or remote calendar ?
Do you have unresolved items ?
Birdy

gregtoland

Post by gregtoland »

I do not have any unresolved items

I am syncing from my work PC which holds my calendar on a server, but I think I'm syncing locally on my work PC

gregtoland

Post by gregtoland »

Just checked at work and I am syncing locally - not with a server.

gregtoland

Post by gregtoland »

Further investigation is showing that the recurs that don't sync are from other people. Ones that I create myself seem to sync OK.

Does this help move teh situation on? Anyone else seeing this pattern?

athi1234

Post by athi1234 »

Same problem here. But not only recurring events created by others don't seem sync, but also my selfcreated ones.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

> gregtoland

What do you mean by "created by other people" ? Are they in a different calendar ?

> athi1234

Was it working OK before ? Did you modify something in your configuration ? In which kind of category do you have the problem ? Is it in a Google calendar (the present 0.2.1 Google calendar provider doesn't support recurring events).
Could you try to isolate which kind of recurring events are not synchronized ?
Birdy

gregtoland

Post by gregtoland »

What I mean by those created by others is:

* They are in the same calendar
* Ones that I am the meeting scheduler appear OK
* Ones that someone else creates and invites me to do not sync

It has always been like this since I've started using birdiesync

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

> gregtoland

From what I understand, you synchronize at work recurring events created by other persons. Do you synchronize with Thunderbird at work ?

If yes. You said that you were synchronizing locally, not with a server. If you use Thunderbird, how is it possible for you to receive an invitation if you use a local calendar ?

If not, do you synchronize with Outlook or another calendar manager ?
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

In Google provider calendar 0.2.1, recurring events are not yet supported properly, which have some consequences on BirdieSync behavior:

- Recurring events are considered as one off events, not recurring events. Therefore, if you synchronize a recurring event, only the first occurrence will be synchronized by BirdieSync
- "All day" recurring events will be synchronized on the 1st of July 1970 and will not be considered as "all day". That's why they will appear as not synchronized (although they are at the wrong date).

So for the moment, I think we should wait for the Google calendar provider to become more mature before having a correct synchronization (at least for recurrent events).
Synchronization of not recurrent events seems to be more reliable.
Birdy