Calendar and tasks won't sync, contacts sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
CeriDavies

Calendar and tasks won't sync, contacts sync

Post by CeriDavies »

I was using outlook and have had to switch over to thunderbird, working for a company (what's that bright light shining in the sky?) that does not like microsoft, and was sad that I lost my active sync. Then I hear about BirdieSync, a possible life saver. I install it, and after having connection problems with ActiveSync 4.2, and email, tasks, and calendar not syncing, I upgrade to ActiveSync 4.5 beta.

Intermittent connection problems seem to have gone away. I read on the forum you only support "Local Folders" so that answers the email sync issue.

But the calender issue is a mystery. I have birdieSync "events" checked and Outlook calender is not checked. It sync'd successfully, that first time saying it sync'd 24 items the first time, but nothing in the calender?
Other times I get "attention required" on Events and Tasks. I have reconnected several times, rebooted the PC, reboot the PPC.

I did notice a similar posting that involved sending logs, but no resolution.

Phone: Audiovox smt5600, unlocked. Windows Mobile 2003 2nd Edition, Thunderbird 1.5.0.9, Lightning 0.3, Active Sync 4.5 Beta2, Birdie 1.4.0.1
Black Ice (corporate) firewall, but this worked fine with Outlook, and the contacts are syncing. Mail and Calender server access are through VPN and proxy.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

First time, were you synchronizing from the mobile to the desktop ?
Are you using a remote calendar ?
Birdy

CeriDavies

Post by CeriDavies »

Yes it is a remote calendar, and I was syncing from the PC to the phone (PPC), deleting anything on the PPC, but by then there was nothing on the PPC.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Is it possible to delete the partnership, select the "Replace" option again (it will replace contacts and events on the phone), do the synchronization and immediately send me the logs after the synchronization (without restarting Thunderbird or disconnecting the mobile) ? I could see if there were errors.

Check out http://birdiesync.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100 for the logs.

Do you know if the server you use for your remote calendar is an apache server ?

Could you also tell me in which thread you found a similar problem ?

Thanks.
Birdy

CeriDavies

Post by CeriDavies »

"Calendar and task sync error" by Oct 23, 2006 was the similar sounding forum but seemed to dead end at the "send me the files" stage.

I am not sure what the remote server is running.

I deleted the partnership, reestablished it and emailed you the log files. Ended up with task and events "Attention required"

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

After discussion with Ceri, it appeared that the calendar to synchronize is a WCAP calendar (San Java System Calender Server) which requires a specific lightening-wcap extension. For the moment, WCAP calendars are not yet supported by BirdieSync. Only local and Webdav calendars are supported.
Birdy

kcoppo

WCAP calendar (San Java System Calender Server)

Post by kcoppo »

When will WCAP calendar (San Java System Calender Server) be supported? It was the only reason I bought the product. I am having issues with the San Java System sync tool and thought this would fix my issue.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

WCAP calendars are now supported in release 1.5.6.0 with a patch to install. :) Let me know if you meet any problems.
Birdy