Contacts not deleting?

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
nicracine

Contacts not deleting?

Post by nicracine »

Hello,

I have Lightning 5 and the latest Bridiesync.

I have deleted contacts on my HTC S621, and they keep coming back at the next synchronization. Are deleted contacts not synchronized?

Thank you

Nicolas Racine

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If you delete a contact on the mobile, it should be then deleted on the desktop. So it's a weird behavior.

Did you install the 5.0 version on your mobile (not the Windows Mobile 2003 version) ?
Are you running under Vista or XP ?
Birdy

nicracine

Post by nicracine »

I just got my HTC S621. It is WM5, so I installed the WM5 compatible version on it.

There is one thing, though. Before my smartphone, I had a Dell Axim X50v, which is WM2003. However, when I reinstalled Birdiesync on my smartphone, it also updated the Lightning and Activesync parts as well, no?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes, everything should have been properly updated...

Could you do the following operation ?
- Disconnect your mobile
- Delete one single contact (that was previously synchronized)
- Connect your mobile
- Wait for the end of the synchronization
- Copy the file WCESMgr.log in C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\ (caution: there are similar names in the directory) and sent it to "support (at) birdiesync.com"
- Tell me if your contact was recreated
Thanks.
Birdy

nicracine

Post by nicracine »

Hello again,

Lo and behold, the deletion worked this time.

I will keep looking for this bug to reappear, and if it does, I will send you the log file you requested.

Thank you for your help! It's always good to know the developper is ready to help if the need arise.

Best regards,

Nicolas Racine