Synchronizing only a specific time window of calendar items

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
slogan

Synchronizing only a specific time window of calendar items

Post by slogan »

The problem I have is that I have calendar entries going back about seven years in Outlook; my PDA doesn't need all this information. I could manually maintain two calendars in Lightning and only synchronise one, but this is not ideal.

Can BirdieSync synchronise a certain amount of historical calendar items as well as all future ones? ActiveSync will do this for Outlook, but I cannot see the feature in BirdieSync.

If BirdieSync has this feature, I've not yet found it. Any clues?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

In BirdieSync options, Calendar panel and Miscellaneous tab, you can select the synchronization period for events and tasks. If you select "2 weeks" for instance, only events not older than 2 weeks will be synchronized on your mobile. Does it suit your need ?
Birdy

slogan

Post by slogan »

Perfect - thanks for the prompt reply. In my explorations I hadn't (rather embarassingly) found the BirdieSync options menu. I was trying the "Settings" button in ActiveSync options, which was where the corresponding feature for Outlook is (or was) found.

I do have a residual problem though; as I synchronized initially with all the historical information, it's still on the PDA. Is there a feature in BirdieSync to delete the old information?

Thanks,

E

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Normally if you choose a new period of synchronization (after having synchronized a first time), all the items outside this period should be deleted from the mobile (but not on the desktop) during next synchronization. Doesn't it work ?
Birdy

slogan

Post by slogan »

I was being a little dim. It does work after all; the historical calendar entries are recurring events!

Thanks for your help. This looks like a useful tool.