Unresolved Tasks - Vista

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
bella25

Unresolved Tasks - Vista

Post by bella25 »

I am consistently getting unresolved items with Birdiesync and my Tmoblie Pocket PC. ARM SA1110 PW10B1

I'm using Birdiesync 1.5.7.2, Thunderbird 2.0 and Lightning 0.5 and Windows Vista 32bit.

When I sync every time, I get the following message from Sync Center:

BridieSync
Unresolved Items
An error occured while suc some items
Tasks: 2 unresoved items

Unfotunately, the Windows Mobile Device Center appears to not offer the "resolve items" option that exists in ActiveSync.

How do I go about resolving items when running Vista?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

If you have unresolved items, it means that there are synchronization problems with these items. That could come from various reasons.
To identify the events, it is necessary to check out the logs. Could you send them to me as described in this thread ?
Thanks.
Birdy

evilpig247

Re: Unresolved Tasks - Vista

Post by evilpig247 »

I am having the exact same issue. Has it been resolved already? Everything syncs great, but BirdieSync chokes on my tasks. Log files are zipped here: http://demo.russandliz.com/logs.zip.

I am using Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 and Lightning 0.8 with Google Calendar provider 0.4 on Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit and BirdieSync 1.6.10.1.

Thanks!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Google calendar doesn't support tasks, only events. So if you try to synchronize a mobile device task in Google, in will lead to an unresolved item since it is impossible to create a task in the calendar. If you want to synchronize tasks, you must synchronize them in a local calendar.

If you want to select in which calendar you want to synchronize the newly created tasks or appointments you created on the mobile device, you must check the option "Link calendar to appointment and task category" in BirdieSync options/Calendar/Category". Then create your appointment or task on the mobile device with the same name as the Lightning/Sunbird calendar name where you want to synchronize it. You may also set your Lightning/Sunbird calendar as the "Default calendar", so that any appointment or tasks newly created on the mobile device which have no category are synchronized in this default calendar. If you want more help, I suggest you to check out BirdieSync help file.
Birdy

evilpig247

Post by evilpig247 »

Good idea, I'll give it a shot. Thanks!