Possibility to sync contacts collected with OE

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Miccio

Possibility to sync contacts collected with OE

Post by Miccio »

Hi, first of all thanks for your great software.
I'm going right now to register It. ;) But still have a little question.

I was wondering if it were possible to keep contacts sync with the OE integration under Thunderbird. I explain myself :

... due to a sync problem with my Nokia phone I "must" use the OE contacts. So, I founded a little modify to TB to show also my OE contact in Thunderbird : The way is to add a "user.js" file like this in TB dir :

user_pref("ldap_2.servers.OE.description", "Outlook Express");
user_pref("ldap_2.servers.OE.dirType", 3);
user_pref("ldap_2.servers.OE.uri", "moz-aboutlookdirectory://oe/");

This permit TB to add a new collector in TB contacts that read the OE contacts without importing them.

Coming back to us ...

When I tried to sync this OE (not properly) imported contacts into my PDA with Birdiesync It gives me back an error.

Otherwise if I import the OE contacts into TB in the classical way, everything seems to works properly.

My question is if is It possible to have a sync like that !

Thanks for your patience reading this question.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I made a test with the configuration you mentioned. The problem is that for the moment, BirdieSync only supports the synchronization of contacts located in Thunderbird database. It is not yet possible to synchronize "external" address books.
Birdy