Mail Account not found

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
monkinutz

Mail Account not found

Post by monkinutz »

I seem to be getting a variety of errors. I'll start with the first as I am sure this will sort the whole issue. When I dock my Dell the process starts then I get the Dell coming up with the error "mail account selected for sync could not be found. Create it before syncing again". I have scoured the forum and FAQ's but could not come up with a solution, although I have tried numerous ways. The setup proceedure was exactly as described using defaults. Any ideas?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Which kind of folder do you synchronize in Thunderbird ? Is it under "Local Folders" or in another account with an independent tree (Inbox, Sent, etc.). If it is the second option, you have to create a mail account on the mobile with the SAME name as in Thunderbird before synchronizing.
Birdy

monkinutz

Nearly...

Post by monkinutz »

Magic thank you. Reset everything and tried again. Tried without selecting any mail and it snyc'd fine. Added the mail account to my pda. Exactly the same name. Selected it in options... resynced... same error that it could not be found.

Also I could quite easily copy all to local folders. But no local folders were copied and there is no option to select local folders for a sync. Any ideas?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I will need some log files to investigate your problem.
Could you send me them as described in this thread ?

Could you also precise what you meant in your last paragraph ?

Thanks.
Birdy

monkinutz

Files en route

Post by monkinutz »

Birdy,

Files are winging their way to you now. My last paragraph just meant that if the default is to sync the Local folders, the sync when none of my mail accounts are chosen does not update with the folders and mails in Local Folders (I use these for sorting my emails from the other accounts.) Is this an error? If it is I would be happy dragging emails from my accounts into folders in the local folder if it means I can eventually have them on my pda...

Many thanks in advance

yuenvision

Can't sync now

Post by yuenvision »

I had the same problem with the mail account not syncing. I added the account to my PDA exactly as it was in Thunderbird and it synced successfully... once.

However, ever since then, I haven't been able to sync ANYTHING. Now it comes back with a message that says, "Attention required"

The ThunderbirdService log file shows the following:

Local 22/09/2007 10:08:38::0015 BirdieSync: version 1.6.0.4
Local 22/09/2007 10:08:38::0109 Operating system: id 2, version 5.1, SP 2.0
Local 22/09/2007 10:08:38::0171 Thunderbird: version 2.0.0.6
Local 22/09/2007 10:08:38::0250 Lightning extension: version 0.5
Local 22/09/2007 10:08:38::0375 Lightning extension is enabled
Local 22/09/2007 10:17:04::0828 ERROR: Error while opening file for reading: C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\\\profiles.ini (GetLastError = 0)
Local 22/09/2007 10:17:04::0921 WARNING: Maybe the classical version of the application is not installed. Impossible to load profile file: C:\Documents and Settings\Paul Yuen\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\\\profiles.ini (GetLastError = 0)

So frustrating.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello yuenvision,

monkinutz had problems because he was using Flexmail (a mail software to replace Pocket Outlook). The problem is that the mail accounts created with Flexmail are not shared with Pocket Outlook. Creating accounts in Pocket Outlook or synchronizing only folders under "Local Folders" in Thunderbird solved the problem. Note that at creation time every mail account can be located under "Local Folders", sharing Inbox, Sent, etc. instead of having its own independent tree.

Maybe you have a different problem. I have not enough information with this log (the error is returned because Sunbird is very likely not installed on your machine which is not mandatory). Is it possible to send me all the logs right after the error as described in this thread ?

Thanks.
Birdy