Birdie creates notice in events

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Hardie82

Birdie creates notice in events

Post by Hardie82 »

Hi at all. My Problem is that BirdieSynch creates a notice every time i create a new event in thunderbird. When i syncronize it with pocket-outlook, then there is an entry of spaces in the notice area. When i edit this event on the pocket phone and syncronize it back to thunderbird, there are two entries with the same identifier. Is it a bug of birdie or a mistake on my part?

If i create an event on pocket-outlook and syncronize it, all is fine.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean by "there is an entry of spaces in the notice area". What do you mean by "notice" ? Is it the "note" field of the event or something else ?
Do you synchronize with a local or remote calendar ?
I tried to reproduce your duplication problem but it seems to work OK. Could you please describe me precisely how the problem occurs ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Hardie82

Post by Hardie82 »

You're right. I mean the "note" field of an event. I create a new event in thunderbird/lightning without any word in the note field. Then i syncronize this event with my pocket phone. Than when i look into my pocket-outlook the event exist. Thats ok. In outlook there exist an icon that will be shown if you wrote something in the note field. But i never wrote something in. Do you understand what i mean?

Justus

Post by Justus »

Hey Hardie
I suggest you are using SBSH PocketBreeze? In this case, it is not BirdieSyncs fault but a bug in PocketBreeze. SPB Diary do not have this little "feature". PB shows this habbit when the PPC is synced with Thunderbird or Outlook 2007. The spaces which are added, are added by PB. I could not find a workaround.
Regards

Hardie82

Post by Hardie82 »

Hi. Sorry, Justus, but i don't use PocketBreeze. I have outlook from Microsoft installed at my pocketphone.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Thanks Justus for your answer. Actually, I think that Hardie82 is right. It could be caused by BirdieSync. I understand that the problem is that it displays an icon in Outlook indicating a note is present. But the problem is I am not sure it will be easily fixable. I'll see...
Birdy

astefan

Post by astefan »

Hi,

any news to this topic? Started today to evaluate BirdieSync and everything works fine apart from the topic mentioned above.

If I create a new appointment in Thunderbird/Lightning, always an empty note will be created. On the PPC I use SPB Diary and Pocket Informant. Is there an option I have to set to solve this?

Thanks in advance! I would be gald to have an alternative to Outlook...

Stefan

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The problem is fixed in 1.6.1.0.
Birdy