Problem with thunderbird and Moto Q

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
danwhiteinak

Problem with thunderbird and Moto Q

Post by danwhiteinak »

currently I have three email accounts to which I check. I am running Windows Mobile 5.0 on the Motorola Q with thunderbird. 2 of my email accounts are msn, which I am able to access using the webmail plug-in for thunderbird. The third is an IMAP account. I haven't set up any on the Motorola Q because the outlook doesn't allow the set-up of webmail accounts. I just want to be able to read my mail on the the Motorola Q. Is there a workaround for this and what do I need to do?

Dan

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello danwhiteinak,

Just create POP3 accounts on the mobile with dummy values for POP3 and SMTP server. Of course these accounts will not allow you to access to your mails directly from the mobile but will allow to synchronize them with Thunderbird. Simply set a correct mail address if you want to synchronize sent mails and use the same account name as in Thunderbird.

But I am not sure that synchronization works with the webmail plug-in. Please do some tests with a single folder and several unimportant messages and contact me again if you have problems.
Birdy