Unable to Resolve

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
mborle

Unable to Resolve

Post by mborle »

Hi,
Just downloaded the trial (1.2.1.0), but when attempting to sync cards, ActiveSync just says "Unable to Resolve Item" and clicking this error message gives a rather generic "unplug and replug cable" error. It fires up Thunderbird properly and after that is when the ActiveSync error comes up.

Any ideas?

mborle

Post by mborle »

Nevermind, appears it's the calendar or events portion, being non-existent, though configured for sync) getting in the way.

Looks good so far; will have to try it with some addons.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I will investigate your problem.

Right after the problem, without restarting any process (Thunderbird for instance) and if possible without disconnecting your mobile to avoid overwritting, is it possible to send me the log files to support@birdiesync.com ?

On the desktop in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync\log: DesktopProvider.log and ThunderbirdService.log
On the device in \Program Files\BirdieSync: DeviceProvider.log and BirdieWatcher.log
In C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\ : WCESMgr.log

I would also be interested in your Preferences.xml file (in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync\).

Could you also tell me if you chose Replace or Combine at first synchronization ?

Thanks.
Birdy

mborle

Post by mborle »

The problem is the one documented right there in the help file, which I went and looked at. Hadn't set the time zone, hadn't set my default calendars, etc.

Sent in for registration just a few minutes ago. Good stuff.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I'm happy to see everything works OK ! :) Thanks for the registration !
Normally, alert windows should have be displayed to indicate the problems but maybe they are not visible enough or don't remain enough time on the screen. Perhaps, something needs to be done about it...
Birdy