Synchronisation aborts after identifies number of items

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
PSHRutPark

Synchronisation aborts after identifies number of items

Post by PSHRutPark »

Whenever I begin a synchronisation using Birdiesync the number of items to be updated is identified by ActiveSync and then the process terminates with a message box stating "end of synchronisation".

This happens on all versions of Birdiesync that I have tried, including version 1.2.0.1. I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled all components, including ActiveSync.

I am using an iPAQ Pocket PC H2210, Windows 2000 and Windows XP PCs, with ActiveSync 4.2. On the Pocket PC I am using Pocket Informant to manage contacts etc. Birdiesync is unregistered.

There is some indication that ActiveSync on the Pocket PC is aborting the synchronisation. But this is not certain. ActiveSync certainly works with other types of synchronisation.

I see Birdiesync is a very important tool and therefore am keen that this problem is resolved.

Thank you for any help.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you tell me which items you decided to synchronize (cards, items, tasks) ?
Did you choose Replace or Combine at first synchronization ?
Which error message is displayed in ActiveSync window ?

I would need your log files in order to better analyze your problem.
Right after the problem, without restarting any process (Thunderbird for instance) and if possible without disconnecting your mobile, is it possible to send me the log files to support@birdiesync.com ?
On the desktop in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync\Log: DesktopProvider.log and ThunderbirdService.log
On the device in \Program Files\BirdieSync: DeviceProvider.log and BirdieWatcher.log
In C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\ : WCESMgr.log
I would also be interested in your preference file: Preferences.xml in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync
Thank you.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

After a deep analysis of the problem, it seemed likely that the Windows Mobile environment was not in a very good state before installation. A hard reset and a reinstallation of BirdieSync solved the problem and the synchronization could be performed with cards, events and tasks.
Birdy