Very very slow sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
manek

Very very slow sync

Post by manek »

I'm having a slow sync problem with my HTC TyTN II (WM6 Pro): every item - whether a card, event or task -- takes two or three seconds per item to sync. The USB link works fine, and the machine is a dual core Pentium so there's plenty of horsepower to spare.

For a flavour of what this means, it took over three hours to sync my 1500-card contacts database after a hard reset this morning!

And it's now coming up with a Birdiesync error dialog too. Incidentally, my messaging app has also disappeared - I can't get to emails in the TyTN II as the app seems to have stopped working, and I'm not sure if it's connected with this problem.

But just getting sync working properly would be nice....

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

If the synchroniztion is very slow, that could be related to a memory problem on the mobile device. Has the synchronization become slow since the beginning of the synchronization or at a particular moment ?
When you synchronized your contacts, had you other categories selected (tasks or events) ?
If you soft reset your mobile, does it speed the synchronization up ?
Before synchronizing again, I recommend you to backup your Thunderbird/Sunbird profile.
Thanks.
Birdy

manek

Post by manek »

Thanks for the fast response.

The slow slow sync started happening after I started experiencing a Birdiesync startup error - the dialog that advises that you to reset the machine. I did this and it makes no difference.

The TyTN II has over 50% memory remaining, which is enough (or it has been in the past). I've restarted, I've uninstalled and reinstalled, nothing makes any difference.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Does it mean that right after soft reseting your mobile you presently have a window on your mobile mentioning a BirdieSync error and asking to restart your mobile ?
Birdy

manek

Post by manek »

Correct. After I reinstalled the software and manually tried to start the program, it also popped up the warning.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Could you send to support(at)birdiesync.com the log BirdieWatcher.log located in \Program Files\BirdieSync on the mobile ?
Thanks.
Birdy

manek

Post by manek »

You have mail.

bherrok

Same problem

Post by bherrok »

Hi there,

I also have a HTC TyTN II and I'm having the same problems.
I can't even get to sync.
Is there a solution?

Cheers,

manek

Post by manek »

The resolution for this problem can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=350862

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

> bherrok:

Maybe it's a different problem, could you send me the logs as described in this thread ?
Thanks.
Birdy