UTstarcom PPC 6700 (HTC Apache) Windows Mobile 6

There is always a place for lost subjects who apparently don't fit the previous forums. This is the one...
daisyboots

UTstarcom PPC 6700 (HTC Apache) Windows Mobile 6

Post by daisyboots »

Hello!

I first have to say that I'm so pleased to see such a product! :D

I'm planning on purchasing a UTstarcom PPC 6700 (HTC Apache), which has Windows Mobile 6 installed. Will BirdieSync work on this device?

Also, forgive me if this is a silly question, but I am in Canada, on the Telus network, and the device will be also. Does it matter what network/carrier the device is on?

Also, (possibly another silly question,) in the requirements section, listed are "Pocket PC" and "Smartphone" of various versions. If the device I'm buying has Windows Mobile 6 (easily downgradable to 5, I'm told,) does it fit in with any of these?

Thank you so much! :D :mrgreen:

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: UTstarcom PPC 6700 (HTC Apache) Windows Mobile 6

Post by Birdy »

The network/carrier the mobile device is on doesn't matter. The main constraint to use BirdieSync is to have your mobile device "application unlocked". As your mobile device is a Pocket PC (it has a touch screen) and not a Smartphone (which hasn't a touch screen and has a different graphical user interface), it is very likely already "application unlocked". So I think that BirdieSync should work with this new mobile device.
Birdy

daisyboots

Post by daisyboots »

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.

I was wondering though, if on the off chance a device was not application unlocked, how would one go about unlocking it?

Thanks again!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

You could check out this thread and contact me if you have problems unlocking it.
Birdy