HTML Mail?

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
Juggler

HTML Mail?

Post by Juggler »

First, congratulations on a fantastic program - unique and usable and worth every penny!

Second (my real motive for posting) I was wondering what the chances are that HTML messages could be sync'd for those of use using third party mail apps (I use Flexmail)?

I appreciate its probably not high on your list of priorities, but I just thought I'd put it out there...

Thanks,
Mark.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I will see if it is possible to add an option to choose for HTML mail conversion or not. It should be more simple to disable HTML to text conversion than it was to implement it. :wink:
Birdy

Juggler

Post by Juggler »

Sounds good - thanks for the response! :)

]\/[.

nihir

I second that request

Post by nihir »

Hello,

I just wanted to add my support for this wish. I could use support for html emails (or just full support for FlexMail 2007) as well.

Thanks for the program and support!

nixx

Count me in

Post by nixx »

Yes, I 'd love my HTML mail to be preserved in its original form, too. WM6 supports HTML mail natively, so it could be a BirdieSync option (Keep HTML formatting on/off) to suit both WM2003/5 and WM6 users.

nixx

nixx

Re: HTML Mail?

Post by nixx »

Hey Birdy,

I just thought I 'd bump this thread up. Is there any progress in HTML support ? Like you said above, it should be easier to disable conversion that it was to implement it in the first place :)

I 'd really like to be able to preserve my HTML emails, since WM6 natively supports them. It could be an option in BirdieSync's settings.

thanks,
nick

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Nick,

I understand that it would be better to keep HTML format during synchronization. Actually, when I said that it would be easy to simply disable HTML conversion to simple text I was wrong, it seems more complicated than that... So I hope that this feature will be offered, but I cannot tell you exactly when.
Birdy

nixx

Post by nixx »

Perfectly understandable, I know what coding is like. If you can do it sometime in a future version it will be great, if not, well, BirdieSync is already an invaluable tool as it is !

Thanks for the reply & update Birdy :)

nick