error during synchronization

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
kasclark

error during synchronization

Post by kasclark »

I have two computers, one at work, one at home. At home I use Thunderbird and synchronize my contacts and calendar with BirdieSync (full version). At work I use Outlook synchronize my contacts and calendar with the normal functions of ActiveSync. Also, I have MS OneNote installed at home. Until recently, everything worked just dandy. But just the other day, I installed MS OneNote at work (same version, different license) and since then, every time I try to synchronize at work, my mobile pops up the error:
BirdieSync error: An error happened synchronizing this mobile. Please disconnect and reconnect this mobile.
While this message displays, ActiveSync on the PC is still "looking for changes". As soon as I hit "ok" on the mobile to make the error message go away, ActiveSync on the PC pops up the "Combine or Replace" dialog box.

I uninstalled BirdieSync from my mobile device and then the synchronization worked fine, but of course, I couldn't synchronize my home PC. So I reinstalled it and the problem returned.

My guess is there is a certain order of events to follow to solve the problem, but that order has thus far eluded me. Would someone please advise me to what I should try next?

(Windows Mobile 6, Windows XP SP2, Windows XP SP2)

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: error during synchronization

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

I will need some log files to investigate your problem.
Could you send me them as described in this thread ?
Thanks.
Birdy

richardclli

Re: error during synchronization

Post by richardclli »

I have the same problem.