Sunbird Birthday Reminder

If you dream about having BirdieSync casting your horoscope, this is the place to ask for it...
klaus_kraemer

Sunbird Birthday Reminder

Post by klaus_kraemer »

Maybe this topic has already been discussed, though the search function does not bring up the issue the way I think about it:

Its now for about one month since I changed to Birdiesysnc in combination with Thunderbird and Sunbird.

As far as I remember when working with ActiveSync / Outlook the birthday reminder was set automatically as soon as I synchronized a new or updated contact.

Now I had a new birthday added to a contact, but there seems to be no way to create a corresponding birthday reminder automatically. It would be a fine gadget to have a reliable automatic birthday reminder again, as soon as I add or change a birthday at least after synchronisation. I don't think it really comfortable to have a birthday or celebration day contained both in the contacts and manually created a redundant reminder in Sunbird / Pocket Outlook.

Maybe the fault is mine or its indeed a missing feature...

Thanks a lot
Klaus

giorgio

Re: Sunbird Birthday Reminder

Post by giorgio »

There are two TB extensions which I use to solve this "problem": MoreFunctionsForAddressBook and Thunderbirthday.

The first lets you add the birthday of each contact in the address book, while the second creates a calendar with the birthdays imported from the address book.

Then all of this can be sync's with your mobile...

klaus_kraemer

Post by klaus_kraemer »

Thanks for the hint, @giorgio,

but I found no clue, Thunderbirthday would work together with SUNBIRD. I am not (yet?) using Lightning. So does anyone know whether Thunderbirthday and Sunbird are compatible?

Thx,
Klaus

giorgio

Post by giorgio »

As far as I know Sunbird does not connect to TB's address book at this stage, so it is unlikely that there would be such an add-on... Perhaps you want to try Lightning, it seems that eventually it would become part of TB by default anyway.