Calendar and Tasks sync error

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
rbardoel

Calendar and Tasks sync error

Post by rbardoel »

Dear engineers,

I'm using the latest version of birdiesync and I cannot sync calendar and tasks. When I sync active sync gives an error and I see this in the logfiles:

UTC 19/10/2006 19:52:42::0187 WARNING: Impossible to get process handle: csrss.exe (GetLastError = 5)
UTC 19/10/2006 19:52:42::0203 WARNING: Impossible to get process handle: svchost.exe (GetLastError = 5)
UTC 19/10/2006 19:52:42::0203 WARNING: Impossible to get process handle: svchost.exe (GetLastError = 5)
UTC 19/10/2006 19:52:42::0218 WARNING: Impossible to get process handle: wmiprvse.exe (GetLastError = 5)
UTC 19/10/2006 19:52:42::0218 WARNING: Impossible to get process handle: alg.exe (GetLastError = 5)
UTC 19/10/2006 19:52:42::0265 ERROR: Error while retrieving all items (GetLastError = 0)

I'm using windows xp 64, active sync 4.2, thunderbird 1.5.0.7 and lightning 0.3. Thanks in advance!!! Regards,

Ralf

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

These warning are not very important.
Maybe you should have a look to Thunderbird.log or Sunbird.log.
Did you set the time zone for Lightning ?
Did you choose a calendar to synchronize ?
Birdy

rbardoel

Post by rbardoel »

Birdy wrote:Hello,

These warning are not very important.
Maybe you should have a look to Thunderbird.log or Sunbird.log.
Did you set the time zone for Lightning ?
Did you choose a calendar to synchronize ?
I followed all the steps in the manual. In the thunderbird logfile I'm getting this:

UTC 19/10/2006 22:24:13::0093 BirdieSync: version 1.3.0.1
UTC 19/10/2006 22:24:13::0093 Operating system: id 2, version 5.2, SP 1.0
UTC 19/10/2006 22:24:13::0093 Thunderbird: version 1.5.0.7
UTC 19/10/2006 22:24:13::0125 Lightning extension: version 0.3
UTC 19/10/2006 22:24:32::0734 WARNING: Maybe the classical version of the application is not installed. Impossible to load profile file: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\\profiles.ini (GetLastError = 3)

Any thoughts?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Did you choose Lightning or Sunbird in BirdieSync options ?
If the answer is Lightning, I think I will need more logs. Coud you send them to support@birdiesync.com ?

Disconnect and reconnect your mobile.
Right after the problem, without restarting any process (Thunderbird for instance) and without disconnecting your mobile to avoid the overwritting of the logs, please, could you send me the following logs:
On the desktop in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync\log: DesktopProvider.log, ThunderbirdService.log and SunbirdService.log
On the device in \Program Files\BirdieSync: DeviceProvider.log and BirdieWatcher.log
In C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\ : WCESMgr.log

Could you also send me your Preferences.xml file located in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync

If case you have problem in copying "DeviceProvider.log" on the device because of a sharing violation:
On your device. Launch the file explorer. Go to \Program Files\BirdieSync. Copy and paste DeviceProvider.log on the device(not on the desktop) in the same directory . That should duplicate the file DeviceProvider.log to another file named "Copy of DeviceProvidere.log". This copy will not be locked and you should be able to copy it to the desktop.

Thanks.
Birdy

rbardoel

Post by rbardoel »

Birdy wrote:Did you choose Lightning or Sunbird in BirdieSync options ?
If the answer is Lightning, I think I will need more logs. Coud you send them to support@birdiesync.com ?

Disconnect and reconnect your mobile.
Right after the problem, without restarting any process (Thunderbird for instance) and without disconnecting your mobile to avoid the overwritting of the logs, please, could you send me the following logs:
On the desktop in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync\log: DesktopProvider.log, ThunderbirdService.log and SunbirdService.log
On the device in \Program Files\BirdieSync: DeviceProvider.log and BirdieWatcher.log
In C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Local Settings\Temp\ : WCESMgr.log

Could you also send me your Preferences.xml file located in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync

If case you have problem in copying "DeviceProvider.log" on the device because of a sharing violation:
On your device. Launch the file explorer. Go to \Program Files\BirdieSync. Copy and paste DeviceProvider.log on the device(not on the desktop) in the same directory . That should duplicate the file DeviceProvider.log to another file named "Copy of DeviceProvidere.log". This copy will not be locked and you should be able to copy it to the desktop.

Thanks.
Thank you for the fast reply. I read in a post someone with the same problems and the solution was upgrading to 1.3.2, so I'll do that. Is there a good howto for upgrading the birdiesync client on the pda? Each time a want to upgrade the client it fails. I think becaus the client is started at the start and keeps on running which forbids the upgrade. Do you know any solutions for this?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Have a look to the following thread:

Problem (un)installing BirdieSync on Windows Mobile 5.0

I think it should help you do the upgrade on your PDA.
Birdy

rbardoel

Post by rbardoel »

The solution didn't work, I've send you an email!