Categories synchronisation, Sunbird 0.3 - Pocket Informant

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Boris HAMON

Categories synchronisation, Sunbird 0.3 - Pocket Informant

Post by Boris HAMON »

Hie,

I'm using Thunderbird 1.5.0.7, ActiveSync 4.2, Sunbird 0.3, and Firefox 2 on my laptop, and Pockedt Informant 2005 on my Windows mobile 2003 Pocket PC.

I can't get the categories synchronised although this field does exist in Sunbird 0.3 and Pocket Informant.

Is it normal, and if that so, do you plan to implement the synchronisation of this field in a next release?

Thanks for your wonderfull job.

Boris HAMON.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

You are right. Presently "Categories" field is not synchronized for events and tasks. I think it should be possible to implement it. But I will have to think on how it could be done properly since it could interfere with future multi calendar synchronization...
Birdy

Joris Vincken

Post by Joris Vincken »

Does this mean that multiple calenders will be supported in a future version? Right now a bit limitation is that I cannot color code events, because I need to stick to 1 calender

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Yes, multi calendar synchronization will very likely be provided after mail synchronization.
Birdy

Joris Vincken

Post by Joris Vincken »

That's good news, though it looks like that might still take some time.

Even with the current features BirdieSync is great though.