Change from Sunbird to Lightning Sync

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
jrs

Change from Sunbird to Lightning Sync

Post by jrs »

I trialled and then purchased this product with Sunbird - was very impressed that I can now use my PDA again without having to purchase Outlook. However, I have now moved all my email over to Thunderbird and hence am now also using the Lightning calendar. However, I can't seem to get Birdie Sync to sync with Lightning. I have uninstalled Sunbird hoping this would force the change, but when I connect my PDA it still tries to open Sunbird and comes up with an error message saying it has been unable to locate the .exe Sunbird file. Consequently, it does not sync with my Lightning Calendar. Please help?!! Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Change from Sunbird to Lightning Sync

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Did you select "Lightning" instead of "Sunbird" in BirdieSync options/Calendar panel/Miscellaneous tab/Application" ?

Don't forget to backup your data as mentioned in this thread.
Birdy

jrs

Re: Change from Sunbird to Lightning Sync

Post by jrs »

Thank you!! I knew it would be something obvious... sometimes I am such a fool I amaze myself. BTW I have also now upgraded to BirdieSync 1.6.9 to go with Lightning 0.8 - so far so good. Thanks for the detailed upgrade instructions!