Release of BirdieSync 1.6.9.0

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
vaclavrak

Release of BirdieSync 1.6.9.0

Post by vaclavrak »

Hi,

I have problem with message "Sunbird is running, but not responding". After update Sunbird to new 0.8 I installed today new BirdieSync 1.6.9.0, but this add-on was not updated in Sunbird. There is still incompatible add-ons BirdieSync version 1.6.8.1 and all buttons (Option, Enable, Uninstall) are disabled.

I guess the message is because of this, any idea what's going wrong and how to fix it?

kind regards,
Vena

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Release of BirdieSync 1.6.9.0

Post by Birdy »

Hello Vena,

There might be a problem with Sunbird extension manager cache (this can happen if BirdieSync was not uninstalled as described here before installing the new version).

Before any operation, do backup your Sunbird profile:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\Profiles\<profile id>
Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Sunbird\Profiles\<profile id>
(Application Data is a hidden folder: in explorer window, you must check the option "Show hidden files and folders")

In the profile of Sunbird:
XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Mozilla\Sunbird\Profiles\<profile id>
Vista: C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Sunbird\Profiles\<profile id>

Close Sunbird
After having backuped the following files, delete them:
- extensions.cache
- extensions.ini
- extensions.rdf
- compreg.dat
- xpti.dat

Relaunch Sunbird

Check if you can now access to BirdieSync options.
Birdy

vaclavrak

Post by vaclavrak »

Hi,

I followed instruction to backup Sunbird profile and uninstall and install BirdieSync and now all work properly. Thanks for prompt answer ;)

Vena

Neo_Dogo

Post by Neo_Dogo »

Tout pareil mais en français !!

Merci pour l'aide !!!