No Checkbox in Activesync after WM6.1 upgrade

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
tonhe

No Checkbox in Activesync after WM6.1 upgrade

Post by tonhe »

Yesterday I updated my HTC Kaiser to Windows Mobile 6.1 -- after I did this, I have not been able to get Birdiesync to work with the device. When I goto select what I would like to sync to my handheld. There are no checkboxes before Cards, Events, Mails, or Tasks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled birdiesync on both my pc and phone, with reboots in between. No luck so far. I have verified that my handheld will run un-signed applications. This morning I deleted the connection on my phone, in activesync, and on the computer separately while disconnected. Reconnected my device, and when it came up, I was able to check the boxes during the device setup... altho, when it sync'd a Birdiesync box came up and said communications failed, try reconnecting your device. After disconnecting and reconnecting, BirdieSync's info box came up and said nothing to sync. And the boxes were now gone..

Any suggestions? I emailed support yesterday, they asked for the logs, to which I replied this morning, but I haven't heard anything back as of yet and I really need my contacts back !!!!

Thanks for your help,

-Tony

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: No Checkbox in Activesync after WM6.1 upgrade

Post by Birdy »

Hello Tony,

The problem is under investigation and seems related to Windows Mobile 6.1. BirdieSync simply doesn't load on the mobile device. Note that BirdieSync hasn't been tested officially on Windows Mobile 6.1 (only Windows Mobile 6.0 is listed in the requirements). I will give you more information as soon as possible.
Birdy

Markinus

Post by Markinus »

Hi!

I have the same problem on my HTC Kaiser with WM 6.1. Birdiesync 1.6.9.1 Vista Ultimate x64 Thunderbird 2.0.0.14.
Du you have any new ideas about this problem ? Can I help you to solve this problem ?

Thx!
Markinus

derandere

Post by derandere »

Here is another user with the same problem. :(
HTC Kaiser 6.0 -> 6.1 after that no synchronisation any more.
I can not select the checkboxes for Cards, Events, Mails, or Tasks.
Any progress ?

Thanks Derandere

wabik

Post by wabik »

Birdy,

Could you please tell us what is the status of this bug?
This is really needed and would be great if you could help us :) !!!

Brgds,
wabik

jmacdonald801

Post by jmacdonald801 »

Crap, just posted about this.

I have this issue too.

Application Unlocking my Kaiser didn't seem to help.

Strange thing is, all manor of custom cooked WM6.1 roms worked fine, just not the official HTC 6.1 upgrade.

?

-James

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I would not call this a bug. :wink: BirdieSync needs to be adapted to be compatible with "Windows Mobile 6.1".
A new version of BirdieSync will be released very soon.
Birdy

wabik

Post by wabik »

Super Birdy :)

If you need any help ... maybe in testing ... tell me and I will try to help you :)

wabik

canapi

Post by canapi »

Same problem for me with HTC Tytn II, hope this will be fixed SOON, my phone was completely cleared and I have nothing in my phone book...

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

BirdieSync 1.6.10.0 was released and supports Windows Mobile 6.1 devices.
Birdy

estern

Post by estern »

I'm running 1.6.10.0 with Active Sync 4.5 and Windows Mobile 2003. The check boxes are missing in ActiveSync - I can see Cards, Events, Mails, Tasks but there is no check box.

Any help will be appreciated.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello estern,

Could you tell me if your mobile device is a smartphone ? (no touch screen) If yes, did you "application unlock" it ?
Birdy

DJ-Anakin

Post by DJ-Anakin »

Hi.

first off, we love this app. Been using it for a few months now to sync my wifes phone, and it's worked perfect.

Tonight I upgraded the phone, a Samsung Blackjack 2, to Windows Mobile 6.1. She's running Vista, with Thunderbird 2.0.0.16 with BirdieSync 1.6.10.1.

The phone is application unlocked with MoDaCo GPS Hack & Application Unlocker.

Everything with Thunderbird, BirdieSync, and the phone appears normal. When I sync, it goes quickly.. about 5 seconds, and says completed, like normal. When I unplug then plug the phone into the computer, it says:
No category of items is selected for synchronization

No category of items was selected to be synchronized with BirdieSync.

Please open the Windows Mobile Device Center and click on teh menu "Mobile Device Settings/Change content sync settings". Then select "cards", "events", "tasks" or "mails" according to your needs.

You can disable this checking in BirdieSync options.
So, I go into WMDC and check the boxes, then it tries to sync, and it says:
mobile connection failue

the connection with the mobile failed

please disconnect and reconnect....
If I go back into the WMDC and the boxes I checked are now unchecked...

I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled BirdieSync from the laptop and the phone.

Any ideas? The phone has no contacts or calendar info on it now and my wife is annoyed, obviously, and so am I.

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

After the connection error (not the error regarding "no category selected"),could you send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
Could you tell me if you "application unlocked" your mobile device before installing BirdieSync or after ? (if you did before, I should find relevant information in BirdieSyncInstall.log)
Thanks.
Birdy

DJ-Anakin

Post by DJ-Anakin »

OK, uninstalled everything again, reunlocked teh phone, installed, adjusted settings, synced and he contacts sync'd, but the tasks and calendar did not. I was using Google Calendar Sync, but I realized whenever it sync'd it caused an outlook error.. SO I removed Google Calendar Sync.

Now i''m getting sync errors. It's reporting errors when syncing.. twice. It's like it tries to sync, errors, gives me a sync error message, then tries to sync again, and gives me the same sync error message, unresolved events 156, unresolved tasks 16. :|

Sending logs now.