Duplicated events on mobile don't deleted

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Lele

Duplicated events on mobile don't deleted

Post by Lele »

Hello,

I was first very enjoyed by this app but now my events on my mobile are duplicated, and i added lot of contacts in the good adress book on tdb but they don't appear on my mobile after the synchros :( I don't really know how to delete these duplicated events, i done the utility to delete, it showed that it deleted 1 about 1500 entries, but i don't know from where because i've still the problem on my mobile, not in tdb.

Please help :)

Lele

Re: Duplicated events on mobile don't deleted

Post by Lele »

Finally during the night, after some automatic synchro that i didn't manage, the contacts and calendar have been synchronised and deuplicated event of the mobile deleted.

But now 90% of my events have been moved to the default calendar :|

First question: Is there a way to tell birdie to synchronize only one side?

Second question: What happened to my events and is there an easy way to change that?

Apart that i'm so happy with you app :)

ctash

Post by ctash »

Have you checked to make sure in Thunderbird that the birdiesync options are set to sync all your calendars, not just your default one?

Lele

Post by Lele »

Yes they are all checked and i've one by default for what i create on my mobile. that's on that one that all the events have been moved. But all are checked yes

Lele

Post by Lele »

Finally i found some apps here

The best one for mass delete events was that one, trial period sufficient

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Lele,

Could you tell me if you had duplicated events only on your mobile device and not in Thunderbird ? Were ALL your events duplicated or only some of them ? Did you have unresolved items ?
Are you under XP or Vista ?
If you are under XP, did you choose the "Combine" or "Replace" option during the establishement of the partnership ?
Had you appointments present on your mobile device before the first synchronization ?
First question: Is there a way to tell birdie to synchronize only one side?
Not for the moment. I hope it will be provided in a next version.
Second question: What happened to my events and is there an easy way to change that?
Did you choose the option "Link calendar to appointment and task category" ? If you didn't, at first synchronization if the "Combine" option was chosen or if you are on Vista, all the mobile device appointments will be stored in the "default" calendar.

Note: I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this thread.
Birdy

Lele

Post by Lele »

Hi Birdy,

I had duplicated events only on my mobile. I think it duplicated it in another calendar but i couldn't make the difference on my mobile with the colors, then i think thunderbird kept only the duplicated events and erases the ones of the original calendar. I think all the events were duplicated. I didn't noticed unresolved items. I'm under Vista. I had no appointments present on my mobile device before the first synchronization.
Did you choose the option "Link calendar to appointment and task category" ? If you didn't, at first synchronization if the "Combine" option was chosen or if you are on Vista, all the mobile device appointments will be stored in the "default" calendar.
I didn't choose this option at first, i think that's why it happened.

But after that now it seem working great :)

Lele

Post by Lele »

I have the same problem for the second or third time :( Is that normal?

Before it happened vista asked me again to unblock my mobile (normally it doesn't do that) as if it was a new one...

athi1234

Post by athi1234 »

Yay, finally another with a quite similar problem like mine...
For some occasions WMDC claims, that my device has no partnership und needs to establish a new, although I used to sync for quite a while. When I allow WMDC to establish a new partnership BS starts to synchronise. Sometimes I get duplicate contacts in Thunderbird and sometimes they get deleted. But the worst thing is, everytime this happens, I get all my events duplicated on the PDA as they already exist and WMDC still copies them to my PDA.
When I delete all events on my PDA and try to resync, WMDC tries to delete my events on my PC... so I have to set Lightning to readonly. But then i get bombarded by numerous messages, saying that my cal is readonly, which is right.

Btw. I'm running TB 2.0.0.14 with BS 1.6.10.0, Vista Ultimate x64 with a HTC Touch Dual on WM6.

Any hints?