Problem with sync of sent objects in SMS

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Justus

Problem with sync of sent objects in SMS

Post by Justus »

Hey
until now I never felt the need to sync SMS. But now I found out, it could be usefull sometimes. So I made a SMS-Account in TB and acitvated the sync of the folders. Everything works great until I send an SMS. Objects in the "Sent objects" (Gesendete Objekte in my Phone and TB) are not synced and AcitveSync shows as many unresolved items as there are sent objects. As soon as I deactivate the sync of sent objects or I delete all sent objects on the Phone and TB everything is fine...
I got no clue what the problem ist. I am using Thunderbird v 2.0.0.14 + Lightning v0.8 and BirdieSync v1.6.9.1. My Phone is a iPAQ614c with WindowsMobile 6 Pro.
Best regards and thanks a lot for all hints,
Justus
I am using BirdieSync on:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BirdieSync v2.3.2.2, Thunderbird v3.1.10, Lightning v1.0b2

Mobile:
Gingerbread v2.3.4 on HTC Leo

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problem with sync of sent objects in SMS

Post by Birdy »

Hello Justus,

The problem of the synchronization of the "Sent" folder in the SMS account of Thunderbird is that generally this folder doesn't exist yet after the creation of the SMS account (with a special "Sent" icon like all the "Sent" folders). Actually, this folder is only created when a message is sent on the Internet (which is generally not the case since this account is only used to synchronize your SMS).
Even if you manually created a "Sent objects" folder in Thunderbird this is not the real "Sent" folder (with the special icon) and is a normal folder.

Could you try to create a folder with the exact name "Sent" ? It should then be automatically renamed to the name used in your language. Then select this folder to be synchronized in BirdieSync options. Your "Sent" folder on the mobile device should then be synchronized in this directory.

Before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this thread.

If you still have a problem after this explanation, could you send the logs to support(at)birdiesync.com built with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Justus

Re: Problem with sync of sent objects in SMS

Post by Justus »

Hey Birdie
the missing real Sent-Folder was the needed hint! But it did not work as you explainend (thats why I posted). When I tryed to create the Sent - Folder, the folder appeared but the Icon did not Change and the folder was not accepted by BirdieSync... I had to use the backdoor instead. I simply copied the Sent-File and the Sent.msf from another accounts folder to the SMS-Accounts folder. And voila... :mrgreen: Now it works great!
When I was playing, I just created an account for the MMS for the fun of it. I was surprised! It works! No pictures are displayed and only a few words from the text in the message are shown, but the MMS is there! I made a backup of the message and deleted it on the mobile. After sync the message was deleted in Thunderbird. Then I restored the MMS to the Thunderbird MMS Inbox. After the next sync the message was on the mobile again and could be opened. In Thunderbird the sender is called Hdy, but on the phone the right number is displayed. I think this is caused by the fact that SMS and MMS are seperated on my phone. But maybe you can use this for development?
Best regards and thx for support,
Justus

I am using BirdieSync on:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BirdieSync v2.3.2.2, Thunderbird v3.1.10, Lightning v1.0b2

Mobile:
Gingerbread v2.3.4 on HTC Leo