Sync Master when Sync with Thunderbird

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Zathrass

Sync Master when Sync with Thunderbird

Post by Zathrass »

Hi,

I'm using Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 with Lightning 0.8, Provider for Google Calendar 0.4 and Birdiesync 1.6.9.0.

I wrongly deleted a calendar item on my mobile phone and hoped to restore it by synchronizing with my Desktop. But Birdiesync deleted the item in my Desktop-Calendar, too. And so it was deleted in my google calendar as well. :(

Is it possible to select a "master" of sync? So the Desktop is always right and all items are transfered to my mobile? And if deleted on the mobile the item is restored...?

I tried to get the deleted item from a birdiesync-log-file, but which items are transfered seems not to be logged...

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Zathrass

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Sync Master when Sync with Thunderbird

Post by Birdy »

Hello Zathrass,

By now, it is not possible to specify in which way you want to synchronize your items. ActiveSync doesn't provide this functionality. Synchronization is performed in both ways. But I hope that BirdieSync will be able to offer this functionality in a next version.

If the event was deleted on the three places, I am afraid there is no way to recover it unless you have a backup.
Birdy

Zathrass

Re: Sync Master when Sync with Thunderbird

Post by Zathrass »

Hi Birdie,

thanks for your answer. I'm looking forward to this next version :)

Zathrass