Subfolder not sync!!

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
garamik

Subfolder not sync!!

Post by garamik »

Hello!
I try to Birdiesync 1.4.0.3 and not sync all folder in the incoming mail box

Incoming mail:
-private message
-work message
-my girlfred
-mother
-father

Sync the root incoming directory and not sync the subdirectory!
What is the problem?
Please help me!

My config : XP SP2,Thunderbird 1.5.0.9,Active Sync 4.5.0,Windows Mobile 2003 SE
:idea:

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Actually, for the moment BirdieSync doesn't support the synchronization of mail sub-folders. That will be very likely provided in a next version.
Birdy

Cureheaded

Re: Subfolder not sync!!

Post by Cureheaded »

Hello mr Birdy,

I bought this great program like ten days ago ( may 2008). I don' know what version it is (in help file it says 1.6.9.1). I Have the same problem: my subfolders don't sync on my MDA Pro. I run Vista and WM5. email+agenda = Thundirbird + Lightning. I saw you mentioned that this problem would be fixed. Is it so and if it is any ideas what I have to do?

Thx in advance.

Björn
Belgium

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Cureheaded,

This is a very old post. At that time, synchronization of sub-folders was not implemented...
Synchronization of sub-folders is not done automatically if you only selected the parent folder. Did you also selected the sub-folders that you wanted to synchronize in BirdieSync options ?
Birdy

Cureheaded

Post by Cureheaded »

Mr Birdy,
very sorry to disturb you once again, but I don't understand what you mean. where do I find these options??
As I work with vista everything is now in "windows mobile apparaatcentrum" (Device centre in english?)
There I have a list what I can synchronise (outlook en birdiesync), I marked cards, events, mails, tasks. But there is no option ("synchronisatie instellingen" (synchronisation configuration in english?) to select the subfolders I want to synchronise.
I checked birdiesync help, under "Local Folders account synchronization", and yes All my mails all under the root "local folders".
Furthermore, in my program files (you know: in vista start->program files->Birdiesync) I have "Archive logs", "Help", "uninstall","website" but no "options" or so.

Greetings,

Cureheaded

Cureheaded

Post by Cureheaded »

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS !!!

SORRY! SORRY! SORRY!

My bad, I was thinking like before (you know with outlook and activesync) where you have to configure your maps IN activesync and not in outlook.

But here INDEED in birdiesync options WITHIN Thunderbird (stupid me!) you have to mark your folders.

Anyway, I just found out like 2 minutes ago after my last post.

so, please cancel my question and thanks for the help (once again!) and patience

Cureheaded
Belgium