Birdie Sync settings with events/calendar

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
freshley01

Birdie Sync settings with events/calendar

Post by freshley01 »

I've been using birdie sync with lightning 0.8 and my at&t 8925 with mobile 6.0. It's been working great but I noticed something this week that is really annoying. My schedules seem to be syncing correctly, but I had a program with lighting that had all the different holidays automatically put into the calendar. Works great on lighting. For some reason when I look in my calendar on my phone, all of the holidays are messed up. It was saying fathers day was on saturday and last week it was saying it was memorial day. Like I said, it's correct in lightning.
I thought there was a way to force the sync to see one has the dominant one (computer overrides pocket pc) but I can't find it. When I click on options in active sync (which is where I thought it was) Events and then Settings, it won't go into anything to let me change it. The screen kinda flickers and then nothing. I thought Birdie sync was controlling this so I went into the settings for it through lighting, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere in the program to change this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Marc Freshley

freshley01

Re: Birdie Sync settings with events/calendar

Post by freshley01 »

Let me try to clarify it a little. There must be something with the repeat of holidays that it doesn't like.
I'll list April May and June for an example:
On Phone
April 6 daylight savings ends
April 13 Mothers day
April 20 Fathers day
May 11 Mothers day (again)
May 12 Columbus day
May 17 Armed Forces day
May 18 Fathers day (again)
May 25 parents day

On calendar
May 11 (Mothers day)(set to repeat yearly 2nd sunday in may)
May 17 (armed forces)(set to repeat yearly 2rd sat in May)
May 26 (memorial day)(set to repeat yearly last monday in May)
July 27 (parents day)(set to repeat yearly 4th sun in sept)
Oct 12 (columbus day)(set to repeat every oct 12)

This is just a partial list. Like I said, the once a done appointments seem to work ok, it's just the repeating ones.

freshley01

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,
I had a program with lighting that had all the different holidays automatically put into the calendar
Could you tell me more about this program and how you use it ? I would like to try to reproduce your problem. Because if I create an event manually, it seems to work. Maybe the definition of the events has something special in Lightning.
Do you succeed in reproducing this problem if you manually create such an event ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Soupy59

Post by Soupy59 »

I am using it lighting and my Motorola Q-GSM, I just kinda still working on time zone issues, but i get the same date problems, all in one month. I have been using Lightning and sync went well, I had all the holidays in one month?

Bill

Soupy59

Post by Soupy59 »

Well I did just get this Q -GSM , so I noticed the auto loaded dates have green squares and the manual dates have nothing in them. I went to one I created (my pay date) and it was there, with no green square.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Soupy59,

I need more information to try to reproduce the problem. Could you tell me from which calendar you synchronize your holidays ? Is it a remote calendar ? A calendar you imported in your local calendar ?
I noticed the auto loaded dates have green squares and the manual dates have nothing in them
Could you give me more details about this ? What do you mean by "auto loaded dates" and "green squares" ?

Thanks.
Birdy

Soupy59

Post by Soupy59 »

Thanks B,
the Squares are my dates with info MLK day 4th JUly and so on, all the dates are in every month,
I have version 6.0 Mobile the particular day I added my pay date onmthe 1st is there and is not marked special (those squares I can see in the day, I even checked if they were set as appointments, nope. i reverified all my time ones were the same, windows, Tbird and lightning and my mobile.

I got the calendar from the add ons, to put the holidays in.

Soupy59

Post by Soupy59 »

I went thru and edited every date some were reoccurring some were not it fixed my problem

kstefanec

Post by kstefanec »

I have the same problem. MANY different holidays on wrong days! Anybody have a fix? I used the same addon from Thunderbird.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

The problem of synchronization of dates on the mobile device for the US holiday calendar has been fixed in BirdieSync 1.6.10.1.

tracyi

Post by tracyi »

I'm also having a problem with accessing the "settings" for my synced items - I recently got an "unresolved item" message for "events" - and when I click on "settings" (for events or tasks), all it does is flash 'opening settings' and then the settings dialogue never actually opens -- I would simply like to tell it what to do when there is a conflict -- how can I do this if the "settings" won't open?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello tracyi,

It is not possible to access to BirdieSync settings through ActiveSync/WMDC options. So pressing the "Settings" button next to BirdieSync categories will open no window. All BirdieSync options must be accessed with Thunderbird or Sunbird Tools/BirdieSync/Options.

If you want to identify the items which are "unresolved", I suggest you to read this FAQ topic.
Birdy