BirdieSync 1.6.10.0 problem with US Calendar Mozilla

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
KlickEKlick

BirdieSync 1.6.10.0 problem with US Calendar Mozilla

Post by KlickEKlick »

I can't say for sure it showed up with this latest version of BirdieSync but I think it did. I started adding different calendars then enable them to be sync'd rather from just one big calendar of imports. Today I updated to 1.6.10 and looked at my calendar on the phone, dates are filled with events that should not be there. Like this month it has Thanksgiving on the 26th of June 2008, almost the entire month (others also) is filled with events. I set the options to only limit to 1 week, it has dates exceeding the one week and no change. So I started disable calendars and reconnected to sync. Isolated it to the US Calendar that is posted of the Mozilla website. http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calenda ... lidays.ics from root page http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/holidays.html There is no problem seen on Lightning, all the dates look normal on the PC. Soon as I enable the USHolidays file the calendar on the phone goes nuts after it's sync'd. The calendar is stored locally on the hard drive. Lightning 0.8 is installed with Thunderbird 2.0.0.14. Phone is a BlackJackII with Windows Mobile 6 Standard. Active Sync version 4.5 on XP SP3.
I downloaded a different US Calendar (GMail) and the dates are fine. Still with the limit set to 1 week, dates exceeding the week are still viewable on the phone. Is that option only limited to the Default calendar or am I just not understanding how that option works? This is seen with only two calendars selected out of four. Phone was always reconnected after making the changes.
Any idea? Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync 1.6.10.0 problem with US Calendar Mozilla

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Thank you for this precise description of your problem. A new test version was sent to you that may fix your problems with the first ICS US Holidays calendar.

Regarding the 1 week limit, it could be normal to still see old events because they are defined as recurrences and recurrences which have occurrences happening after the limit are still fully synchronized to display remaining occurrences (so old occurrences will also be displayed).
Birdy

KlickEKlick

Post by KlickEKlick »

Thanks. The version you sent is working with the other US calendar. I loaded it up as it's own calendar and then again along with the others, everything seems to sync correctly. Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

The problem was fixed in BirdieSync 1.6.10.1.
Birdy