Syncing with multiple calendars

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Charon

Syncing with multiple calendars

Post by Charon »

Hi,

As stated in the help-file, it must be possible to sync a particular appointment (on my mobile) in a particul calendar (in TBird) by equalizing their category (Option: Link calendar to appointment and task category). I don't really understand this feature. When I'm making an appointment on my mobile (WM6.1Standard) I can't select a category. Can someone provide me with a kind of 'walkthrough"?
FYI: My situation: I'm making appointment on my mobile in two 'groups': work and private. I think (I'm sure?) these appoitments are mixed-up on my mobile, i.e. I can't choose between a category work and a category private. When syncing, all appoitment are sync-ed to the 'default' calendar in TBird, wich is Work (and Work is allied with a Google Calendar, so my collegues 'share' my private life). The other way around, when choosing Private as Default, my work appointment swon't go to Google-calendar...

Anyone?

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Syncing with multiple calendars

Post by Birdy »

Hello,
making an appointment on my mobile (WM6.1Standard) I can't select a category
If no appointment has already "been bound" to a category like "Work" for instance, you have to create it first. To do that, create your new appointment, then click on the categories field, then "New" to create the category. You must put the same name as your Lightning/Sunbird calendar name. Your appointment should be synchronized in this calendar. The next time you synchronize a new appointment, simply select the category which is already created. Note that if there is no appointment on this mobile device which uses a category previously created, this one will be automatically deleted.
Birdy

Charon

Post by Charon »

Birdy wrote:
To do that, create your new appointment, then click on the categories field, then "New" to create the category.

I'm trying to make a new appointment, but where can I find the option "categories field" and/or "New"? Or do I have a crippled version of pocketOutlook on my Smarphone (HTC Startrek/WM6.1)?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Sorry, I didn't realize that you had a Smartphone (no touch screen). It seems that the possibility to assign a category to appointments or tasks is only available on Pocket PC (touch screen).
Maybe it would be possible to do it through another software to manage appointments and tasks.
Birdy

Charon

Post by Charon »

Birdy wrote:Maybe it would be possible to do it through another software to manage appointments and tasks.
No problem, found out myself same answer: not possible.

Do you have any suggestion on other software instead of Office/Outlook which can make this possible?

Edit:
I'm using Agenda One (from Developer One), and it works perfectly! Alas, not for free (free trial for 2 weeks, however).