sync with two PC - calendar items duplicity

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Milda

sync with two PC - calendar items duplicity

Post by Milda »

Hi
I have problem with calendar duplicities:

-using two PC with birdiesync (home and office)
-using two calendars - (personal and work) both are google cal synchronized trought Lightning 0.8 and google cal provider 0.4

When I syncing with one PC only (home or work doesnt matter), everything seems OK. But when I start to sync with other one, mosty every (but not every) calendar items are duplicied so I must use "remove duplications" function.

Does anyone know where could be a problem?

thanks
Milda

chromEOzome21

Re: sync with two PC - calendar items duplicity

Post by chromEOzome21 »

Hi, i m french... sorry for my langage.
I have the same problem and my synchro is very slow when that 's arrived.
I used thunderbird portable and i have install my activsynchroXP32 and birdieSync on my USB Key.
The same where thunderbird are installed.
The duplicat was create when you synchronise on pc1 home and just before pc2 office and vis-versa.
No every calendar was duplicate, juste some rendez-vous, task and mail.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: sync with two PC - calendar items duplicity

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

@Milda:
If you access the Google calendars from both home and work PC and synchronize both with your PPC, you'll get duplicates. It's because, ActiveSync doesn't realize that you are synchronizing the same calendar. It's as if you were synchronized two different Google calendars (one for your work PC, the other one for your home PC). In that case, it would be recommended to synchronize your Google calendar only on one PC.

@chromEOzome21:
Are you in the same situation ? Do you synchronize with the same remote calendar on the 2 machines ?
Birdy