BirdieSync breaks TB IMAP connection to GMail

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
jmbledsoe

BirdieSync breaks TB IMAP connection to GMail

Post by jmbledsoe »

Hello,

I have the following configuration that I want to use with BirdieSync:
- Windows XP Professions SP2
- Portable Thunderbird 2.0.0.14 on my USB drive
- Lightning 0.8
- BirdieSync 1.6.10.0
- Dell Axim Pocket PC (Pocket PC 4.20.0 Build 13349)

I used Portable Thunderbird on my home computer without BirdieSync to connect to GMail IMAP and everything went fine. But whenever I install BirdieSync and attempt to set up my home computer to sync with Portable Thunderbird, TB will no longer connect to my GMail IMAP server. BirdieSync will not sync anything in this state, including mails, contacts, events and tasks. It complains that TB is offline. When I completely uninstall BirdieSync, TB will again connect to GMail IMAP.

Incedentally, I was able to get BirdieSync to function on my work PC (Windows Server 2008), against the same Portable Thunderbird installation and TB would still connect to GMail IMAP. But, I want to be able to do my synchronization at home. Please advise!

Thanks,

John Bledsoe

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: BirdieSync breaks TB IMAP connection to GMail

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Do you have the same problem with BirdieSync 1.6.10.1 ? There were some changes in this last version regarding off-line mode. But I am not sure that it is related to your problem.
When you had this problem, did you notice if Thunderbird was off-line ?
After the synchronization error, is it possible to send to support(at)birdiesync.com the logs built with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
Thanks.
Birdy