Break Partnership & send PC to Device

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
sunspots

Break Partnership & send PC to Device

Post by sunspots »

I decided to break the partnership (ie delete the partnership in ActiveSync) and then re-establish the partnership. After deleting the partnership I re-connected and started the creation of the partnership. It asked whether I wanted to merge the entries (PC & Device), send PC to Device, or do nothing (I think the last option). I choose to send PC to Device and thus delete any entries on the device. This took some time and on the surface looked fine. However, when I checked one of the future events that I had created about an hour or so earlier on Lightning (yes it was originally sync'd to the device), I found that it was missing on the device but still remained on Lightning. When I looked a few other days and the current day, I found some entries were missing on the device but all existed on the Lightning. I attempted re-sync'ing many times, disconnecting and reconnecting, but no success. I took one of the missing events in Lightning and edited the note. It then sync'd to the device, however the others remained missing from the device.

Now, some 12 hours later, I rebooted the PC and reconnected the device to the PC. Looking at the future & past days I found the missing events to appear on the device and still remain on Lightning.

I had a look over the forum but could not find any issues that be directly the same.

Has anyone had this issue or noticed similar consequences?

Set up:
- Windows XP Prof SP3
- ActiveSync v4.5.0 (5096)
- Thunderbird v2.0.0.14
- Lightning v0.8
- BirdieSync v1.6.10.0

- Windows Mobile 6
- HTC Touch II

I have the log for the sync 12 hours or so after the initial partnership establishment, plus one around the partnership establishment but I don't think directly after the establishment of the partnership. I can send these logs if you require them Birdy, or if you really want the log straight after the set up of a new partnership, then I could be pushed to do that for you. :) But not till the weekend.

Thanks

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Break Partnership & send PC to Device

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Could you tell me how you checked that the events were synchronized ? Did you look in the monthly view or in the daily view ? Because in the monthly view, events which have a "free" status are not displayed (contrary to the daily view). When you create a recurring event in Sunbird, it automatically has this "free" status and will not be displayed in the mobile device monthly view. So one can think that these events are not synchronized simply because they are not displayed in the monthly view.

Another possibility is to check if the synchronized events are not outside the synchronization period which is defined in BirdieSync options.

Logs are generally useful if errors are reported (like unresolved items or attention required). If you saw no error, I am not sure that there will be valuable information. But anyway, if you still have the logs, you can send them to support(at)birdiesync.com.
Birdy

sunspots

Re: Break Partnership & send PC to Device

Post by sunspots »

Birdy wrote:Hello,

Could you tell me how you checked that the events were synchronized ? Did you look in the monthly view or in the daily view ? Because in the monthly view, events which have a "free" status are not displayed (contrary to the daily view). When you create a recurring event in Sunbird, it automatically has this "free" status and will not be displayed in the mobile device monthly view. So one can think that these events are not synchronized simply because they are not displayed in the monthly view.

Another possibility is to check if the synchronized events are not outside the synchronization period which is defined in BirdieSync options.

[...snip ...]
I've sent the two log files zipped and zipped together.

I looked at the weekly view on Lightning and then the daily view on the device (note I use Pocket Informant as my calendar, task, contact application). I tend to use either the daily or weekly view on the device, not the monthly. At least one or two of the appointments were only a single occurrence. At the moment I sync unlimited events to the device. One of the events was created on the day on Lightning and sync'd to the device prior to breaking the partnership.

Thanks for looking into the issue.