birdiesync 1.3.0.2 and Ligtning 0.3

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
bricamac

birdiesync 1.3.0.2 and Ligtning 0.3

Post by bricamac »

My configuration: Thunderbird 1.5.0.7, Ligtning 0.3, ActiveSync 4.2.0 and birdiesync 1.3.0.2

Have just upgrade Lightning to the version 0.3 , now i could to any syncronisation I have got an error that says that "Thunderbird is already running,but is not responding..... the problem still even after one reboot.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Right after the problem, without restarting Thunderbird, could you send the logs DesktopProvider.log and ThunderbirdService.log (located in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync\log) to support@birdiesync.com ?
I would also be interested in Preferences.xml (located in C:\Program Files\BirdieSync).
Thanks.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The Preferences.xml file had a format used by an old version of BirdieSync. Deleting it and reinstalling BirdieSync solved the problem.
Birdy

rfcvb72

Me Too

Post by rfcvb72 »

Hi, I am having the same problem

I get the same message:

Thunderbird is already running,but is not responding.....

if Tbird is already open, although if I let the sync open it, it is fine, but as I have Tbird open on boot, it is a pain. I can tell from the display font that this is coming from Thunderbird, but it is definately due to the sync action.

I have tried leaving the Tbird path empty, but this does not help, is there anyway to disable the launch Tbird function?

This is on a clean install, Birdiesync 1.3.0.2, Lightning 0.3 and Tbird 1.5.0.8, Activesync 4.2 as well

My device is an unlocked XDA2i (HTC Alpine) running WM2003SE

hope you can help, its a great product otherwise, this issue is the only thing stopping me buying immediately!

Regards

Robert

rfcvb72

Post by rfcvb72 »

I did find this, maybe it will help

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Run_multiple_ ... _same_time

may thanks

Robert

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Thank you for the link. Actually, another user had a similar problem. It was caused by the fact that Thunderbird process name was "THUNDE~1.EXE" instead of "thunderbird.exe". BirdieSync was not detecting properly that Thunderbird was already launched and tried to launch another instance causing the error message. A patched library solved his problem. Could you check the name of your Thunderbird process in the Task Manager and give me the result ?
Thanks.
Birdy

rfcvb72

Tbird Process

Post by rfcvb72 »

Hi Birdy, the name of my Tbird Process is also THUNDE~1.EXE

many thanks for the prompt attention

Regards

Robert

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

If you want, you can send me your version of DesktopProvider.dll to support@birdiesync.com. I will patch it to solve your proplem.
Birdy

rfcvb72

Is it because I am using the GB localization?

Post by rfcvb72 »

Thanks Birdy, the file should be with you now, it just occurred to me, could this be a problem with the GB localization? perhaps this is why the process has a different name

regards

Robert

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Actually, I don't know the reason. In some cases, the name of the process is displayed as an old DOS short name instead of the usual long name. If someone has information about that, I would be happy to know it...
This problem will be addressed in next version.
Birdy