Probleme synchro windows mobile / Thunderbird

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
foxmobile

Probleme synchro windows mobile / Thunderbird

Post by foxmobile »

Salut à tous,
J'utilise thunderbird et birdiesynch pour synchroniser (et sauvegarder) les contacts de mon mobile sur mon PC (à la place d'outlook). Cela fonctionne plutot pas mal sauf que je viens de constater que les préférences d'affichage ne sont pas conservées et c'est assez pénible.
Un exemple vaut mieux qu'une explication: sur mon mobile je peux choisir d'afficher "prénom nom" ou "nom, prénom". Moi c'est le premier affichage qui m'intéresse, or par défaut ce windows mobile de malheur utilise le 2e affichage et comme lors de la synchro cette propriété est perdue (à priori thunderbird n'en tient pas compte) faut que je me tappe à la main la modification à chaque fois dans mon mobile.

J'espère que c'est clair
Quelqu'un a une idée?

----------------------------

Hi,
I use thunderbird and BirdieSync to save and synchronize my mobile contacts. My mobile runs Windows Mobile 5 (HTC). It correctly runs except the loss of some parameters: on the mobile i choose to view my contacts by "firstname name" and thunderbird doesn't seem to take care about it. So if i change something in a contact in thunderbird, after synchronization, the contact appears in the mobile like this: "name, firstname" (the defaut view of windows mobile).
I'm bored to change by myself the views at each synchronzation.

Someone have an idea?
Thx

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Probleme synchro windows mobile / Thunderbird

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

Did you try to uncheck 'Fill Pocket Outlook "Display Name" field with "last name, First name" or "Company name"' in BirdieSync options (Address book/Miscellaneous) ?
If you uncheck this option, then Thunderbird display name will be used for the synchronization (which is generally First name Last name).

Before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this thread.
Birdy

foxmobile

Post by foxmobile »

It works! Thank you. It was so simple that i passed trough :-)

I have now a new problem. Before you reply, i have made a test with outlook and now i can't synchronize with thunderbird and outlook simultaneously (there's a message that tell me to deselect one of them). But when i deselect outlook it erases all the contacts in the mobile. And now my contacts are neither in the mobile nore in thunderbird. So i have to reselect outlook to synchronize the mobile again.
What is the procedure to migrate a synchronization with outlook to a synchronization with thunderbird without a loss? -> an export from outlook directly to thunderbird?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

As this question was asked several times, it was added in the FAQ in this topic.

I think that the best way is to backup your data with a tool like PPCPimBackup. You can then restore them on your mobile device after the deletion. I wouldn't recommend the Outlook export that you reimport in Thunderbird. It can sometimes lead to unpredictable results...
Birdy