where can I find the sync options in Vista Sync Center

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
El Rudo

where can I find the sync options in Vista Sync Center

Post by El Rudo »

Hi I've just installed birdiesync on HTC710, I need to stop syncing outlook and tick a couple of boxes, but I can't find it in the useless interface of windows sync center. the I only thing I get is media center asking me to sync some AV content...
please help!

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: where can I find the sync options in Vista Sync Center

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

You can only change the categories you want to synchronize after your mobile device is connected and synchronized. You should have a new menu ""Mobile Device Settings/Change content sync settings".

If you have a Windows Mobile device 6.x synchronized with Outlook, be careful if you unselect Outlook categories (contacts, calendar, tasks and e-mails) since ActiveSync/WMDC will automatically delete the items on your mobile device (BirdieSync has no control over it). So it very important to backup your data before doing it, as mentioned in this thread. Note also that if your items were previously synchronized with Thunderbird/Sunbird, the next synchronization could delete these items in Thunderbird/Sunbird, following the usual synchronization mechanisms.
Birdy

El Rudo

Post by El Rudo »

thanks Birdy, that's exactly what I'm looking for, except that I have no clue where to find it... Is it in under the green arrows symbol of windows sync center on the PC, the phone or somewhere else.
Meanwhile I'll backup my outlook diary.

El Rudo

Post by El Rudo »

Ok I found it! I apparently takes two bits of software to install, I only use the sync center and I needed to DL Windowa Mobile Device Center. :mrgreen:
issue resolved!