1.7.0 beta 2

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
DD_

1.7.0 beta 2

Post by DD_ »

I just installed this beta to be able to sync with 0.9 lightning.
Everything works fine just when i connected device for the first time - some popup window in tray appears and messages there was probably in French ? Definitely not English.

ChefChaudart

Re: 1.7.0 beta 2

Post by ChefChaudart »

Hello,

in mine case, I got 4 calendars. 1 "normal" and 3 Google calendars that are to be sync from PC to mobile.

Just one of those 3 is synchronized. The 2 others are ignored by the process. :cry:

Cheers.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

@DD_: I sent you a new test version. Could you tell me if you have now text in English ?

@ChefChaudart: I also sent you a new test version. Could you send the logs back to support(at)birdiesync.com ? Thanks.
Birdy

Stephen_C

Post by Stephen_C »

I, too, have just installed 1.7.0 beta 2 and all messages during synchronisation (and, I seem to recall, some messages during installation) were in French. In addition, it took at least four synchronisations and rather a lot of re-categorising appointments before I could get the correct categories back on both the mobile device and the PC (the initial synchronisation wiped some, but not all, of each category on the mobile device - have chosen a "both way" synchronisation).

None of this is intended to be critical: this is great software and the support is excellent (although I have only just registered to be able to use the board).

Stephen

Aesculapius

Post by Aesculapius »

Just want to express my gratitude to the lightning 0.9 support! Great work!

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Thanks Aesculapius !
A new c version of the beta is available now in the news sub-forum. It fixes the problem of language and the category that was not properly synchronized.
Birdy

Justus

Post by Justus »

Great work! But something strange happened! All categories were deleted on the MobileDevice, but everthing was fine on the desktop. This caused an embarrassing situation... My Phoneprofiles are managed by category. My phone rang in a meeting cause I did not notice that the categories were deleted and no profile was choosen. But I got a little advantage anyway. Now everybody know my face... even the nice blondie from the branch next door :lol:
After the meeting I remarked all appointments with a category. After the first sync with the desktop the categories are deleted on the desktop. I did not try the today-version but I used the one released the 15. 09. 2008. Try the new one now.
Best regards
I am using BirdieSync on:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BirdieSync v2.3.2.2, Thunderbird v3.1.10, Lightning v1.0b2

Mobile:
Gingerbread v2.3.4 on HTC Leo

Stephen_C

Post by Stephen_C »

Justus:

Use the "c" version of the beta. It worked for me on a similar category problem.

Stephen

Justus

Post by Justus »

Stephen_C wrote:Justus:

Use the "c" version of the beta. It worked for me on a similar category problem.

Stephen
Thats what I did. Now it is working, but it all ended up in one great mess when I had patched BS.
So long
Last edited by Justus on Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am using BirdieSync on:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64, BirdieSync v2.3.2.2, Thunderbird v3.1.10, Lightning v1.0b2

Mobile:
Gingerbread v2.3.4 on HTC Leo

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Sorry for the trouble. The management of categories has recently changed in Lightning/Sunbird 0.9 and some modifications had to be made in BirdieSync.
Birdy

ChefChaudart

Post by ChefChaudart »

I also get a mess in categories ... Why I didn't read this thread before ... :mrgreen:

Another strange thing. I thought the Birdiesync options were not responding, but in fact no, it's "simply" VERY slow !? I tried uninstalling, and re-install but same behaviour. I'm still investigating.