So to get started. . .

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
father24

So to get started. . .

Post by father24 »

Hello, I have a Treo 700wx (running WM 5.0) . I currently run Thunderbird on my computer (Win XP). And I've installed ActiveSync 4.5 on it. I guess my next step is to unlock my Treo. I found these instructions: http://groups.google.com/group/microsof ... 9b4e93f7ff After that I'm confused. To install I guess I have to have Thunderbird and ActiveSync running on my PC before connecting the Treo? Then wait for the synchronize to stop. Close Thunderbird and launch BirdieSync installer? Can any one help? Thanks.

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: So to get started. . .

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

To application unlock your smartphone, I would suggest you to follow the instructions given its FAQ topic. Sometimes information that you can find on the web regarding the registration keys to be modified are not always accurate...

Yes you must have ActiveSync installed and Thunderbird closed. Then you should carefully follow all the instructions of the installer (especially at the end).
Install the latest version of BirdieSync.
If you see a security warning during BirdieSync installation, it means that your Smartphone is still "application locked".
Birdy

father24

Post by father24 »

I should have phrased my question more concisely. Am I to sync my mobile with my computer before I install BirdieSync? I thought connecting the device before software install was a no-no. I do have ActiveSync installed however. And if I am to connect my device before BirdieSync install should Thunderbird and ActiveSync be running when I connect it? Dumb questions I know, but I'm new to all things mobile. :oops:

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

If it is the first time you connect your mobile device (which is needed to install BirdieSync), the only requirement is to NOT select Outlook categories to be synchronized: contacts, calendar, tasks or e-mails (these names are different for BirdieSync: cards, events, tasks (same name but different icon) and mails).

ActiveSync should automatically be running after you have installed it and it should detect your mobile device connection.

You should have Thunderbird and Sunbird (if installed) closed before launching the installer. Anyway, if there are opened, BirdieSync installer will ask you to close them.

Again, at the end of the installation, carefully follow the instructions of the installer.
Note also that if you install BirdieSync 1.7.0.1 you need to install Ligthtning/Sunbird 0.9.

Before any operation, I suggest you to backup your data as mentioned in this FAQ topic.
Birdy