Problem with locked calendars

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Jan

Problem with locked calendars

Post by Jan »

Hi all,
i got two locked calenders on my PC. First a google calendar with public holidays in Germany and a birthday calendar (local) wich is made available by the Tool ThunderBirtday. Both calendars are not syncronised well. For example if the people are born 1900, they are not synchronised on my mobile device. The birthdays are also not categorised.
The holidays are not put on the Mobile at all. He tries to syncronise 56 events every time.
Does anyone has a solution for these problems?

I use BirdieSync 1.7.0.1 and the newest Lightning and Thunderbird.

Best regards

Jan

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: Problem with locked calendars

Post by Birdy »

Hello,
For example if the people are born 1900, they are not synchronised on my mobile device
Actually, dates before 1970/1/1 are reset to the 1970 year
The birthdays are also not categorised.
Do you use ThunderBirthday ?
What do you mean exactly ?
The holidays are not put on the Mobile at all. He tries to syncronise 56 events every time.
What is the URL of you public holidays calendar ?
After the synchronization (or during it if it loops), could you please send to support(at)birdiesync.com your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." ?
Thanks.
Birdy

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

The problem regarding synchronization of dates before 1902 was solved in BirdieSync 1.7.0.3. But note that Lightning/Sunbird doesn't handle dates before 1970 very well: there can have time zone problem and an event entered one day can appear a day before when you restart Thunderbird/Sunbird...

I tried to synchronize your holiday calendar with the new version of BirdieSync (1.7.0.3) and had no particular problem. Could you please try this new version ?

Regarding categories, I will have to do complementary tests.
Birdy

Jan

Post by Jan »

Hi Birdy,
thanks a lot! I tried the new version and now everything works perfect!

With best regards

Jan