data transfer problem

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
jimriley

data transfer problem

Post by jimriley »

Hi
I have a problem with data transfer on the calender, when I've entered a date and information on the phone it transfers ok to the pc, when I enter the info on the pc it only transfers as "new item" tho with correct times, onto the phone. Any solution? I'm using latest birdiesync. wxp and wm6.
thanks Jim

Birdy
Site Admin

Re: data transfer problem

Post by Birdy »

Hello Jim,
it only transfers as "new item" tho with correct times
Sorry, could you give more explanation ? I am not sure to understand your problem exactly.
Thanks.
Birdy

jimriley

Post by jimriley »

If I nenter a date, times and info onto calender on the phone it syncs ok to pc. If I enter a date times and info into pc it doesn't sync properly, the event date and times are correct but any info put into the box on calender disappears and "new item" is displayed on phone and pc. I'm sure it used to work in the past.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I tried to reproduce the problem but didn't succeed. Here is what I did:

- Synchronize the mobile device
- Create a not recurring event in Lightning with a title, start date, end date and description fields in the local storage calendar.
- Manually launch the synchronization

The appointment was created on the mobile device with the correct title, start date, end date and description fields.

Did you try with a local storage calendar or a remote one ? If it is a remote one could you tell me which type ?
Birdy

jimriley

Post by jimriley »

Hi
been oin holiday but still have the same problem - the calender is on my pc, presume thats local

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

any info put into the box on calender disappears and "new item" is displayed on phone and pc
What do you mean by "the box" ?
Do you mean that "new item" replaces the title that you set in your event on the desktop calendar ?

Do you have the same problem with Lightning 0.9 and BirdieSync 1.7.0.2 ?

Could you please describe the precise steps I should follow so that I can reproduce the problem ?

Thanks.
Birdy