Sync Error with Lightning 0.9 & BirdieSync 1.7.0.1

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
jfgirmens

Re: Sync Error with Lightning 0.9 & BirdieSync 1.7.0.1

Post by jfgirmens »

Birdy wrote:...By now, these events are under investigation to find out if the problem comes from BirdieSync or the Google calendar provider. The consequence is that the synchronization can loop forever because of these particular events.
After reading this thread, and because I use both local calendar and Google calendar under Lightning 0.8 / BirdieSync 1.6.9.1 / Google Provider 0.4 (without problem), I hesitate to upgrade... Is it safe to upgrade NOW to Lightning 0.9 + Google Provider 0.5 + Birdie 1.7.0.2, or is it better to wait ?

Thanks

veaudaux

Post by veaudaux »

I just upgraded today and am having this problem, so no, I wouldn't say it's safe yet. I'm not having any crashes, but my synchronizations do get caught in an infinite loop, with the items never showing up on my handset.

nmaiorana

Post by nmaiorana »

I'm having the same issue. I tried using 1.7.0.2 but not able to sync.

ridzalm

Post by ridzalm »

Hi guys.

I too had the same issue. I'm using a Dell Axim X51v running WM6.1. From the AS status in my device, the last date that it had synced was on 23 Sept. I uninstalled BirdieSync but the problem was still there so I suspected the problem was not with the application but with the device itself.

Search the net for a solution but was disappointed. Uninstalled several application but still the same thing. Finally i decided to poke around my device's registry, I found an entry in HKLM\Windows CE Services\Synchronization\Objects which was invalid. It was Woman as I had previously installed either Beiks Woman Calendar or Woman Plus, can't remember which. Read somewhere that the app has the ability to sync with the desktop version. I had uninstalled the apps but the entry was not removed from the registry.

After deleting the entry and soft reset the device, I am able to sync again. I am using Lightning 0.9 + BirdieSync 1.7.0.2.

Try looking at your registry under the key HKLM\Windows CE Services\Synchronization\Objects, the cause of the problem might be one of the subtree.

veaudaux

Post by veaudaux »

ridzalm wrote:After deleting the entry and soft reset the device, I am able to sync again. I am using Lightning 0.9 + BirdieSync 1.7.0.2.
Unfortunately, no such luck here. I didn't have any wayward registry entries (I've only had this phone about a month, and BirdieSync has been on it since it was about 12 hours out of the box).

I'm able to sync just fine, however, IF I go to Tools > BirdieSync > Options > Events and uncheck all of my Google Calendar Provider calendars.

This, of course, still isn't an ideal solution, as changes to my Google calendars won't be reflected on my handset. But it's at least got my email and everything syncing properly again.

Also, I'd like to mention I appreciate the efforts of the BirdieSync team, for their continued efforts to make their product work with third party software (namely, Google Calendar Provider). I've never paid for mobile software before, and I was hesitant to register BirdieSync. Knowing my funds went to a team so committed to satisfying their customers, however, makes me glad I went ahead and got out the credit card.

Looking forward to seeing this issue resolved in 1.7.0.3 - thanks!

quicksilver1024

Post by quicksilver1024 »

Glad there's still some progress made. Keep it up :o

quicksilver1024

Post by quicksilver1024 »

It works! Thanks so much.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

It seems that different problems were reported in this thread and I cannot be sure there are all related to the "loop" problem with Google calendars. For instance ridzalm, did you have the "loop" problem with Google calendars or did you modify the registry to correct another issue with ActiveSync ? quicksilver1024, did you have the "loop" problem ? Is it fixed now ?

After upgrading the Google calendar provider to 0.5.1, do you still have the same "loop" problem ?
If you have the "loop" problem, please contact directly support(at)birdiesync.com. I need your help to identify the origin of the problem (even if it is related to the Google Calendar provider) since it seems to occur with very specific events.

If you have another problem, after having closed Thunderbird/Sunbird, disconnected, reconnected your mobile device and waited for the end of the synchronization, could you send your logs with "Tools/BirdieSync/Archive logs..." to support(at)birdiesync.com ?

Thanks.
Birdy

ridzalm

Post by ridzalm »

FYI, I don't use Google calendars. I had the loop problem after installing Woman's Calendar.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

After analysis, it seems that the problem comes from the Google calendar provider. A workaround was found to avoid the problem. Conjointly the synchronization of Google calendars speed up now, especially for calendars holding an important number of events. You may install the new BirdieSync version 1.7.0.3. Because of important modifications, please backup your Google calendars before synchronizing (with an ICS/iCal export for instance).
Birdy

galgo

Post by galgo »

All working like a dream again. Thank you Birdy!
I was so used to it 'just working' that I was lost when it stopped. The week or so I had to revert back to Outlook have scarred me for life :lol: