lightning 0.3 concern

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
Awesomesean

lightning 0.3 concern

Post by Awesomesean »

I just installed birdiesync and I am happy. I can't wait until it will do email. When I installed my calendar, I did notice that all day events are exactly 1 day off(they are 1 day before) Is there something set up wrong?

activesync 3.8
thunderbird 1.5.0.8
lightning 0.3

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello,

When you say "When I installed my calendar", do you mean "after the synchronization" ?
How did you enter these events ? Manually ? With an Outlook import ?
Do you have the same time zones on your mobile and you desktop ?
How did you synchronize ? From the desktop to the device or the opposite ?

Thanks.
Birdy

Awesomesean

lightning 0.3 concern

Post by Awesomesean »

I set up thunderbird/lightning before the first sync with ppc. When I saw the all day events were off on the pocket pc I checked in lightning and they were correct. My timezone is set to america/denver, I live in Utah. Whats funny is I changed an all day event in lightning to a 3 hour event and re synced. The event moved to the correct day after sync. This weird thing seems to have to do with the all day event check box or setting. Was this clear as mud or what?

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

This problem can come from different reasons. That's why I ask you all these questions. :wink: Sorry, I really need you to answer them precisely. That allow me to eliminate some potential reasons to this problem (normally all day event synchronization is supposed to work...)

From what I understand, you entered events in Lightning before synchronizing them with the Pocket PC. Could tell me if you entered these events manually in Lightning or through an Outlook import ?

If you manually enter a new all day event in Lightning. Does it synchronize properly on your Pocket PC ? If not, could you give me a description of this event so that I try to reproduce your problem ?

Thanks.
Birdy

Awesomesean

lightning 0.3 concern

Post by Awesomesean »

I imported the calendar from a ical file from lightning. I already had lightning 0.3 installed and I exported the entire calendar. I needed to reload winXP so after I installed everything again I imported the file to lightning. Everything shows up ok on the pc. I did a test and found that if I create the all day event right now it shows up ok. There must be a problem with the way it reads the imported file. I would hate to have to go redo all the all day events so it will sync correctly.

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Is it possible to send me the ical file to support@birdiesync.com so I can check the way events were saved ? Of course if you wouldn't want to do it for privacy reason, I would understand.
Birdy

Awesomesean

Post by Awesomesean »

It's alright, I am just going to fix them. It never saved them as recuring events anyway. I am Pretty sure this is not a birdiesync problem. I am glad to use t-bird/lightning over outlook and this program makes it possible to still use my ppc. When is e-mail going to be able to sync?

Thanks again

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Regarding mail synchronization, there still remain some issues to be addressed before releasing this new version. I hope that it won't take too much time...
Birdy