Problem installing (upgrading) the latest BS version

If BirdieSync 1.x constantly replaces your girlfriend's phone number with your mother's one, this forum is for you...
clauderenaud

Problem installing (upgrading) the latest BS version

Post by clauderenaud »

Hi all,

I tried to upgrade BS to the latest version but during the install process I receive an error message telling that the installation failed because the program has not been digitally signed by a trusted authority...
It's the first time I have such message...
Regards,

--
Claude Renaud

clauderenaud

Re: Problem installing (upgrading) the latest BS version

Post by clauderenaud »

Just tested with a previous version the 1.7.0.3 and have no problem.
After I tried to reinstall the latest one and the same problem occurs...
Regards,

--
Claude Renaud

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

Hello Claude,

Did you try to manually install BirdieSync on the mobile device as described in the second part of this FAQ topic ?
Do you have the same error if you execute the proper cab file on the mobile device ?
Birdy

clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

Birdy wrote:Hello Claude,

Did you try to manually install BirdieSync on the mobile device as described in the second part of this FAQ topic ?
Do you have the same error if you execute the proper cab file on the mobile device ?
I tried to install from the .CAB file and subsequently from the installer and it worked both times...
Regards,

--
Claude Renaud

clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

Birdy wrote:Hello Claude,

Birdy, same scenario as the previous update.
First the setup fail to update my current BirdieSync installation, secondly I installed from the .cab file and everything went well except that the .Cab file is told not to be digitally signed (it is perhaps the reason of previous failures), and when I tried (in order to verify) to run the setup file as before everything ended well....
Could you take care in signing your embedded cab file ?
Regards,

--
Claude Renaud

clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

Even if things went well before, a workaround I found was to hard resetting my device (ASUS P750) and unlock it (thanks to the Microsoft Security Configuration Manager)...
Regards,

--
Claude Renaud

Birdy
Site Admin

Post by Birdy »

I think that "application unlocking" your mobile device was a good solution. I suppose that the initial configuration was different if the application was installed from the desktop or directly from the mobile device.
If other users need to "application unlock" their mobile device, please have a look at this FAQ topic.
Birdy

clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

Birdy wrote:I think that "application unlocking" your mobile device was a good solution. I suppose that the initial configuration was different if the application was installed from the desktop or directly from the mobile device.
If other users need to "application unlock" their mobile device, please have a look at this FAQ topic.
Birdy, I don't know what changed in BirdieSync but I have my ASUS P750 since months now and before I did not have to unlock my device in order to install BS.
Since two or three versions it is absolutely necessary if I want to install the program via the setup file, in the opposite, I must use the cab file provided with your installation package.
But unlocking was apparently the solution for BS and probably for upcoming software I will install...
Regards,

--
Claude Renaud

clauderenaud

Post by clauderenaud »

Birdy wrote:I think that "application unlocking" your mobile device was a good solution. I suppose that the initial configuration was different if the application was installed from the desktop or directly from the mobile device.
Birdy, I don't know what changed in BirdieSync but I have my ASUS P750 since months now and before I did not have to unlock my device in order to install BS.
Since two or three versions it is absolutely necessary if I want to install the program via the setup file, in the opposite, I must use the cab file provided with your installation package.
But unlocking was apparently the solution for BS and probably for upcoming software I will install...
Regards,

--
Claude Renaud